GDT: WJC: Russia Vs Sweden | December 26th @ 2:30PM MT

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Glad Sweden won, but i belive Sweden more consistent play their best. While other top teams go from lower gear to there highest during the tournaments. Usually that gear is faster/better then Sweden. Thats why teams can win the most in the regular season and not at all coming playoffs. They sometime get the fav label. But that extra gear is missing. I hope i am wrong.

Reactions: Kurtz

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Viaplay studio saying Sweden wouldn’t have won the game without åke. Jesus christ

Reactions: king89

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Mirror image of Russia's game vs Canada.

No goaltending, poor discipline and awful PK puts this team behind early on. Then they're left chasing the game for the rest of the contest.

Very poor recipe for success.

Reactions: Sentinel

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Right now I'm rooting for Michkov's points, because we're in quaterfinals anyway, where everything just starts. So far so good... ok, not so good, because of stupid penalties. I hope, this problem we'll solve though.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Russian fans can be happy they have Michkov. Clean, fast paced and physical game with some individual efforts of great skill to top it off. Thanks, Russia, for a good game.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
How did Eklund look for anyone who watched?
Looked great on the PP, had a nice breakaway opportunity that almost slipped through to the goal line. Other than that, he wasn’t super noticeable. He hasn’t played center much in his defense

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Personally I don't think he looks comfortable at center. But he had some really nice moments on the powerplay.
He looked solid down low, that pass to Edvinsson was sweet and Russia obviously was concerned about him when he had the puck hence the multiple penalties he drew, but he definitely needs to work on his faceoffs if he's gonna switch to C.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He looked solid down low, that pass to Edvinsson was sweet and Russia obviously was concerned about him when he had the puck hence the multiple penalties he drew, but he definitely needs to work on his faceoffs if he's gonna switch to C.
Yeah he's absolute magic down low, operating from behind the goal-line. Maybe not where a center should be most of the time which is also a potential issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad