PGT: WJC Quarter Finals: Game 22 | Switzerland Eliminate Sweden 2-0

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Well...

If Canada doesn't get to the GMG, they should be really disappointed in themselves. Canada's caught a couple breaks...

* The weakest Finnish team in years.
* No Sweden.

If they blow it, they will be kicking themselves for a long time.
Finland has in underperformed, but still a very dangerous team.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
I feel Sweden was and in the past been let down by their forward group. A lot of their success comes from their exceptional D corps facilitating a good forward group, but i feel in many years they are lacking that elite game breaking forward talent. A lot of why Sweden is always good is because of their exceptional D and their overall team chemistry and discipline. But without that game breaking talent upfront results like this will happen from time to time when shots and bounces dont go your way.

Of course it looks as though those reinforcements are coming in Raymond, Holts, Gunler, and co. but im commenting on the last several years (obviously not discounting Pettersson, Nylander, Forsberg etc., but they dont always consistently have those elite offensive talents, or not enough) The future is certainly looking up though with that 2020 class.

Hats off to the Swiss though, I love the upward trajectory they have been on, Hischier and co. almost knocked us out 2 years ago, they are certainly increasing their international standing year after year

Reactions: PTmbp13

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I'm sure the Swedes thought they had an easy road to the semifinals.
I dont think the Swedes thought so , and that is not what has been said in media an so on. We almost always have close games against Switzerland these last years. I think they will give Finland or Canada a hardtime. I hate that we lost but i will cheer for them.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
pretty shocked by this, but the swiss train has been picking up speed for the last few years, seems like they have grown/developed a hockey system/identity and its starting to pay off...they kind of remind me of the finn's with how they are always "in" games and giving themselfs a chance....happy for the swiss

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Fantastic job - the hockey world needs that Switzerland finally gets that monkey off their back and wins a playoff game vs the swedes

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
First 5 minutes of World Junior games are always piss and vinegar - kids flying high.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
If i was Monten i would have change lines after first period , just to make the players act instead of react.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad