PGT: WJC Quarter Finals: Game 22 | Switzerland Eliminate Sweden 2-0

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
The players must hate this ...

Hey, you just lost in a major upset. Here's your best player awards. The expressions say it all.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Well gratz to Switzerland! and to everyone laughing at me in the Swedish roster thread i told you so.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Looks like a Swedish player got a game misconduct for breaking his stick at the end of the game? Kind of a pointless penalty for the ref to give out.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
A loser like Grönborg got promoted to senior team coach despite losing with some absolutely fantastic u20 rosters. Coaching of the national teams is a ****ing joke.
Makes it feel like it's a boys club. I'd keep Rönnmark but throw away everybody else. Literally the only one of them with critical thinking and doesn't have favorites like Ginning who has been shit this tournament.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
A loser like Grönborg got promoted to senior team coach despite losing with some absolutely fantastic u20 rosters. Coaching of the national teams is a ****ing joke.
Swedish hockey federation picking their next national coach. And when they utterly fail, they are promoted. Just like politics:

Never going to happen. Montén will be back next year, and the year after that, and.........
And in 30 years he will be move arround by Hemtjänsten, who have to repeat everything that is said through a microphone to his hearing machine, while he asks in which universe he is existing.

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2010
Setting up your defense in the neutral zone is much better than an offensive zone faceoff.

The face off was in the neutral zone wasn't it ? If it was in the offensive zone than yeah I agree, I would probably rather he not touched the puck. Still, there's not many goal that are scored directly off face off, it's not that big of a deal.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
I've been claiming this wouldn't be an historic upset, and it's not really. I'm still shocked though. Full marks to the Swiss.

Swedes just couldn't get untracked. Still a hell of a hockey nation.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015

Both Grönborg and Monten are too passive to coach a junior team in a tournament like this. It works in games when they're in control but not in games like this.

Rönnberg come back please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad