GDT: WJC, NYE, Slovakia vs USA, 6am EST

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
You're completely misrepresenting my views and implying I've said things I never have.

Not going to engage in a discussion with someone with such toxic opinions.

But as for Team Slovakia and how they have fared so far. Slovakia scored 11 goals on Norway and Switzerland, both of whom would be the underdogs in the relegation battle with the weakest team from the other group - Germany. Latvia beat Norway by +4 in an exhibition game, same as Slovakia, and outshot Czechia in their match up.

You conceded 10 goals against the only medal favorite in your group, similar to Latvia. We will see how you do against the Finns.
Toxic opinions? :laugh:

Of course, exhibition games are where the money is. It is also funny how you forgot about the 6 goals against the Czechs. When it suits your purposes you dismiss goals scored against Norway, but in another thread you said there wasn't much separating Slovakia and Norway. So the 8 goals should count as a major achievement through your optics.

I love how you didn't engage :laugh:

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
You're completely misrepresenting my views and implying I've said things I never have.

But as for Team Slovakia and how they have fared so far. Slovakia scored 11 goals on Norway and Switzerland, both of whom would be the underdogs in the relegation battle with the weakest team from the other group - Germany. Latvia beat Norway by +4 in an exhibition game, same as Slovakia, and outshot Czechia in their match up.

You conceded 10 goals against the only medal favorite in your group, similar to Latvia. We will see how you do against the Finns.
I am sorry, but just the fact that you are comparing this Slovak team with Latvia, or saying that Slovakia is "a tiny bit" better on paper than Norway or Latvia is simply ridiculous. I am not sure if you are trolling or not, but if not, it's concerning really.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

1. They allowed 10 goals with their 2nd and 3rd string goalies in net. Gajan probably keeps the US to 5 goals.
  2. Slovakia beat the Czechs 6-2, a team very much in contention for a medal. The same Czech team that routed the Norwegians 8-1 and took the US to a 7 round shootout.
The Slovaks have been inconsistent, but when playing at full strength, they are very clearly superior to teams like Germany and Latvia.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Slovakia came in second and didn’t have their star goalie in the game against the U.S. the actual margin didn’t matter that much as once they were out of it, they had nothing to play for.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
10-2? Glad I didn't set my alarm for this one.

US definitely showed they are the cream of the crop in our pool.

Congrats on second Slovakia. Hope you get a favorable crossover!

Reactions: Summer Rose

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I admit my dogs snuggled up with me and didn't wake me up at the usual time so I missed almost the entire thing. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I admit my dogs snuggled up with me and didn't wake me up at the usual time so I missed almost the entire thing. :laugh:
Slovakia having a heck of a tourney

Destroy the Czechs
Barely beat Swiss
Demolish Norway
Get Demolished by US

They are all over the place! 2 demolitions, demolished once and a nail biter!

I"m guessing their quarter final will be one heck of a game!

Reactions: Summer Rose

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

The game meant very little. US poured in goals on 2 sieves. Gajan helps make up for poor defensive play so while the US would likely have won it would have been a close game.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Nobody disputes that he has elite offensive talent. But his defensive game has never been very good, and it's been getting badly exposed in this tournament, just like it did at times in the men's WC.

He's going to have to make a lot of changes to his game if he's ever going to be trusted by NHL coaches.
If it was only shortcomings in his defensive game on display here, that would be almost forgivable. It's the downside to Hutson that one accepts in exchange for his offensive creativity.

But he's been something of a giveaway machine with the puck on his stick. That is unforgiveable, and makes him a detriment overall.

The coaching staff should have one message for him. Simplify. Your. Game.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
"Resting" Gajan is certainly a head scratcher. Makes me think the coaching staff was content - not pleased, maybe, but content - with finishing 2nd in the division.

I'm now discarding my tinfoil hat.

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille