GDT: WJC, NYE, Finland vs Sweden, 8:30 EST

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Okay, you insist on being a sore loser and not mentioning calls when Halttunen didn't get anything with him and you scored that one goal directly after. Again, watch the whole game and recognize you are being inconsistent and whining. The end.

Sore loser?

My team didn't play today, it has nothing to do with being upset by a loss it was a clear missed call.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
And specify which Pettersson, at that.
Elias.

Sore loser?

My team didn't play today, it has nothing to do with being upset by a loss it was a clear missed call.
So what? They missed that call on the 4-3 goal as well. What is it you don't understand? That was the leading goal before the Finnish goal that got us to the OT and shootouts. Do better than that.

Reactions: Nate070

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
EP or OP?
You could see it in Finnish TV and also see it at SVT-play.

After 3:30:30 something.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
WOOOO!!!!

Best game of the tournament, i have a feeling that this is our championship so let's enjoy this victory!

1704041854172.jpeg

how is sweden th ebig brother lol the last 10-15 years finland has had way more success lol
My friends dad said it best, "they played high end hockey in Sweden, before there was indoor toilets in Finland".

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Start arguing with Nyman etc after the game when Nyman tried to shake his hand.
You do what Nyman did you should expect someone on the Swedish team to say something.

I don't have a problem with either player doing what they did. It's a bunch of 18-20 year olds so emotions will run high.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
You do what Nyman did you should expect someone on the Swedish team to say something.

I don't have a problem with either player doing what they did. It's a bunch of 18-20 year olds so emotions will run high.
Disagreed. Nymans gesture is much more acceptable or at least understandable. He's been bad before this last period.

When the game is over you either shake hands or don't. But you don't get mad like a little child and start shoving others. My point exactly, he's almost 20 not three years old.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Willander and Lindstein should be the top pairing

i dont even think that is debatable at this point

The pairing for both goals against Canada
The pairing for both even strength goals today

They are the best possession pairing by a mile

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Östlund is a real good player. So shifty. Most noticeable player on Sweden against Finland IMO.

Reactions: illone84

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Finland getting it to OT and winning that shootout may have really hurt Sweden's chances of making it to the gold medal game. The way it's lining up, Sweden seems to be destined to face Canada in the semifinals, unless the Canadians don't beat the Germans in regulation or get upset in their QF match. Since USA is now the #1 overall seed and Canada will almost certainly be the #3 seed.

Assuming Canada wins their QF game, the SF matchups would look something like:

Sweden vs Canada
USA vs Slovakia / Finland

I think the Swedes would be the favorite vs Canada, I have to imagine they'd prefer to play Slovakia or Finland.

Reactions: wetcoast and MM917

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Elias.

So what? They missed that call on the 4-3 goal as well. What is it you don't understand? That was the leading goal before the Finnish goal that got us to the OT and shootouts. Do better than that.

I didn't think there was a missed call on that goal, there is nothing I don't understand we just disagree on that play. I also said feel free to complain about that if you see it that way.

None of that changes the fact it was a terrible missed call that led to the 4th goal for Finland

• Haha
Reactions: Svedu

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Finland winning that shootout may have really hurt Sweden's chances of making it to the gold medal game. The way it's lining up, Sweden seems to be destined to face Canada in the semifinals, unless the Canadians don't beat the Germans in regulation or get upset in their QF match. Since USA is now the #1 overall seed and Canada will almost certainly be the #3 seed.

Sweden vs Canada

I think the Swedes would be the favorite vs Canada, I have to imagine they'd prefer to play Slovakia or Finland.
Slovakia has by far the best goaltender of the 3. Not sure I would want to play them.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Finland getting it to OT and winning that shootout may have really hurt Sweden's chances of making it to the gold medal game. The way it's lining up, Sweden seems to be destined to face Canada in the semifinals, unless the Canadians don't beat the Germans in regulation or get upset in their QF match. Since USA is now the #1 overall seed and Canada will almost certainly be the #3 seed.

Sweden vs Canada

nearly impossible to shut canada out and then beat them again-and the second time in a semi final game. I smell a classic Canada vs USA final brewing up!

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I just woke up, what happened?
Who played well for Sweden, who struggled?

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
A good game - could have really been a pretty emotionless formality with these pool standings but you can rely on Finland vs Sweden:) A real confidence boost to us! And surely not a very major blow to Sweden either.

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
I like it when Sweden lose this one, otherwise they probably be too cocky or too confident, with this lose they will regroup and rethink and take it to GMG hopefuly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad