GDT: WJC, NYE, Cesko vs Swiss, 11am EST

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Some minor tweaks in bottom 6 but going with our lineup since the Slovak anhilation.

Battle for third is on... not sure how much it means though to finish 3rd or 4th.lol

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Good forecheck and possesion by the Swiss but not many dangerous chanches resulting from it. The Czechs not as dominant as expected but still with the more dangerous chances so far.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Shootout finally over.lol

Lots of good Czech chances but lacking finish... we've been in the some dangerous areas.

Sapousek did not enjoy that block.lol

PP coming up.. I've said it before.. our PP has great pieces and looks good. It should be better. No idea what the problem is but hope we can get it dialed in for Quarters. It should be a damn good PP.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sapo gets nothing but tough assignments and all the dirty work.. always happy for him when he scores. Melovsky with another point. Sneaky good tourney for him.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

That graphic... Canada with 20 CHL players then the Czechs with 14. Swedes with 0. I think the Swedish way is better. I dream of a day where we have only our Tier 2 prospects in CHL and our best ones at home.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Kulich keeps creating ten bell chances for himself and not finishing... he's struggling a bit. I know he's still exceptional and our best forward, not knocking him but I feel he is gripping the stick a bit.

A goal today would go a long way for him IMO...

Reactions: czechcanadian

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Quite a calm game so far, it is apparent that both teams know they will face one of the equally strong opponents (Canada, Sweden) in the QF, of course unless the German miracle happens in the evening game. So this game is more or less a preparation for the QF for both teams.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Kulich keeps creating ten bell chances for himself and not finishing... he's struggling a bit. I know he's still exceptional and our best forward, not knocking him but I feel he is gripping the stick a bit.

A goal today would go a long way for him IMO...
Yeah he’s holding that stick too tight. Missed a shot right from the slot. He always scores those. I wonder if he feels pressure to get that final 13th goal to give him the sole scoring lead for Czechs on the tourney.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah he’s holding that stick too tight. Missed a shot right from the slot. He always scores those. I wonder if he feels pressure to get that final 13th goal to give him the sole scoring lead for Czechs on the tourney.
I've thought the same TBH.. that next goal has a lot of weight. It's meaningless in the grand scheme of things but I really hope he scores today and can relax.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sale with (another) gorgeous pass... Stancl shot that to the moon.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Galvas is a polarizing prospect amongst the posters.

Some see a first rounder
Some see a guy that won't get drafted.

I'll say it now.. I'll be in shock if he doesn't get drafted. His role on the U18 team will be huge too! Jiricek seems unlikely to play (boy that would've been a nice top pair).

Every shift he looks good. Definitely small.. but he's 17 and skates beautifully and is very poised. That has to be worth something. His pairing with Prcik is a great bottom pair.. big physical guy with slick small one.lol

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Becher having himself a game! Really dominant play at both ends of the ice.

Hamara is impressing me more and more every game.. such a smart friggen player man

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Becher having himself a game! Really dominant play at both ends of the ice.

Hamara is impressing me more and more every game.. such a smart friggen player man
It could be argued he's been our best player so far. Hasn't had a bad game and very consistent.

Reminds me of our old school guys that could play both ends well and reliably.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That was one long delayed penalty.lol

Agree with czechcandian.. Becher has been very noticeable! Nice to have .ppg CHL guys in our 'middle 6'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad