GDT: WJC, NYE, Canada vs Germany, 1:30 EST

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Whenever a Euro does it.. dirty prick. When a Canuck does it.. gets a penalty for being 'too strong'.

Has a TSN commentator every used that expression for a Euro penalty?

FTR. .right call. I hope the NHL adopts that rule too.

the coach swearing at the ref was hillarious too...

Didn't leave his feet.. correct
He's 6 foot f***en 5.. correct

He hit his head first.. also correct.
At some point people being hit stopped skating with their head up.

Just can’t hit smaller players anymore.

It’ll be fun watching Germany get relegated this year

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Whenever a Euro does it.. dirty prick. When a Canuck does it.. gets a penalty for being 'too strong'.

Has a TSN commentator every used that expression for a Euro penalty?

FTR. .right call. I hope the NHL adopts that rule too.

the coach swearing at the ref was hillarious too...

Didn't leave his feet.. correct
He's 6 foot f***en 5.. correct

He hit his head first.. also correct.
So Chara could never hit anyone, right?

If they're taking back boarding calls because players turn at the last moment, some logic needs to be applied to a player falling over backwards to avoid a hit at the last moment too. If the German player stays upright and takes the hit there is no head contact, because his head isn't at Geekie's torso. It's inconsistent.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yes.

Feet down, shoulder tucked, coasted into the hit.

Never, in a hitting league, should simply skating with your head down make you ineligible to be hit

Wasn’t a result of a player having his head down. Wasn’t a player just finishing his check, Geekie wanted to blow him up. That kind of hit isn’t necessary off the opening face off when you are Canada playing Germany. Played with fire and he got burnt.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
5 minute major for being too tall

That was dead center, arm tucked, feet planted

thats a bullshit penalty my guy
It is NOT a clean hit. It doesn't matter how perfect it was or what the opponent did. A HEAD HIT IS A HRAD HIT.

CoSi

Nov 15, 2021
Keeps elbow tucked and drives through the chest, euro players aren't used to being hit open ice

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Wasn’t a result of a player having his head down. Wasn’t a player just finishing his check, Geekie wanted to blow him up. That kind of hit isn’t necessary off the opening face off when you are Canada playing Germany. Played with fire and he got burnt.

What the clock reads and who your opponent is shouldn't change the rules.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Wasn’t a result of a player having his head down. Wasn’t a player just finishing his check, Geekie wanted to blow him up. That kind of hit isn’t necessary off the opening face off when you are Canada playing Germany.
Hitting hard at any point in a game is necessary. Wimpy European hockey just needs to catch up to normal standards.

Reactions: novisor and MM917

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So Chara could never hit anyone, right?

If they're taking back boarding calls because players turn at the last moment, some logic needs to be applied to a player falling over backwards to avoid a hit at the last moment too. If the German player stays upright and takes the hit there is no head contact, because his head isn't at Geekie's torso. It's inconsistent.
Chara is my argument.. crushed guys all the time without hitting them in the head. It's very possible. His career is a great example of a very strong and very tall man hitting people without hitting the head first.

This whole 'only way to hit a short guy is to hit his head argument' is crazy to me.lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad