WJC Group B: Dec 26 GDT - Sweden vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
how did Emelin played for Russia? or has i guess no one knew him so in general, how the Russia Defense played and who stood out of the bunch.

Much appraciated.

Upchuck19

May 6, 2003
Visit site
Crusher20 said:
how did Emelin played for Russia? or has i guess no one knew him so in general, how the Russia Defense played and who stood out of the bunch.

Much appraciated.
I was very impressed with Emelin, he was the only defenseman that stood out to me. I don't know who owns his NHL rights but I would love the Canucks to have him. Emelin is smooth and looks like a veteran out there.

Malkin is everything I have heard about and more. He can turn it on like a switch and more. For a big guy he plays and moves like a 5'8" forward.

Team Sweden really disapointed me, Malkin went around the defensemen like they weren't there and all they did was stick check. Swedish forwards could of had a cortain of eggs under their sweaters and not broken them.

I was also really disapointed with Swedish head coach, he didn't start Kelowna Rocket defenseman Alex Edler and benched him for the rest of the game after taking two penalties early in the game. Both penalties weren't bad ones so why bench him in front of his home club fans?

I guess this is why Sweden is a HAS BEEN HOCKEY POWER!

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Upchuck19 said:
I was very impressed with Emelin, he was the only defenseman that stood out to me. I don't know who owns his NHL rights but I would love the Canucks to have him. Emelin is smooth and looks like a veteran out there.

thank you very much he is a habs property he was drafted like a kind of.. Kasparaitis a little crazy.. but if his offensive game or defensive game is getting better than good. :)

SChan*

Upchuck19 said:

Malkin is everything I have heard about and more. He can turn it on like a switch and more. For a big guy he plays and moves like a 5'8" forward.

Team Sweden really disapointed me, Malkin went around the defensemen like they weren't there and all they did was stick check. Swedish forwards could of had a cortain of eggs under their sweaters and not broken them.

I was also really disapointed with Swedish head coach, he didn't start Kelowna Rocket defenseman Alex Edler and benched him for the rest of the game after taking two penalties early in the game. Both penalties weren't bad ones so why bench him in front of his home club fans?

eh sure sweden lost 5-1 which is bad, but we did outshot the russians so i guess we're not totally crap. I would say that we dont have any goalie.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
i guess Khoudobin played great? anyone see the game that could let me know? also wondering how Voloshenko, Lyamin, and Salmonsson looked in the game? thanks to any1 who could let me know.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Just watched 15 min. review of the game.

Swedes had only 3-4 moments in the games, but Khudobin was good and made key saves. Their goal was lucky shot from bad angle.
Russia had tons of moments. Malkin blasted good slapshot (like 2nd goal against Czhech Rep.) when Russia tied the game. After that he skated through Sweden Defence like knife through butter. Just another level. :bow:
Kulemin showed awesome skills when he scored GWG : outplayed Dman and put the puck on top shelf with nice wrish shot and also showed nice speed when he scored his shortie.
Our 2nd line with with Ogorodnikov, Radulov and Voloshenko showed nice team play when we scored our 3rd. Radulov assited to Ogorodnikov who was alone but hit the post and then Voloshenko was on the right place and put the puck after rebound to the net. Shirokov just was in the right place when he scored. Radulov also had 1-on-1 moment when he caught pass on the blueline and skated alone to the net but couldn't outplay goalie. #22 was damn good from moments I've seen, but not as good as #17 ;)

Zubarev and Lyamin pair was bad. Almost all (3 or 4) Sweden momens had happened when this pair was on the ice.

Upchuck19

May 6, 2003
Visit site
SectionX said:
eh sure sweden lost 5-1 which is bad, but we did outshot the russians so i guess we're not totally crap. I would say that we dont have any goalie.
You are very wrong on both points, the Swedish goalie played a good game and was the only player that showed up last night. Sure the Swedes out shot the Russians, but they were all perimider shots from the side. The Russians went to the net and the Swedes didn't break a sweat.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
RedAce said:
Highlites can be watched here for fans of team RUSSIA.
http://www.rtr-sport.ru/images.html?cid=8

Click on the video button ВИДЕО
once the video starts to play you can right click on it and make it full screen.

Does anyone have the full game on video????
PLEASE let me know if there is anyway i can get a copy.

Malkin's was the second goal right? If so his backhand shot reminds me a lot of Crosby's backhand. They are going to be a terror out there on the PP together. But I truly hope that they each center a line in the years to come. It would be a shame to move either of them. Thanks again for sharing, I am sure that I am not the only one who appreciates how easy it was to access.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Jaded-Fan said:
Malkin's was the second goal right? If so his backhand shot reminds me a lot of Crosby's backhand.
No. They didn't show it in higlhights. Scorers on video are : Kulemin (2:1), Voloshenko(3:1), Shirokov(4:1), Kulemin(5:1). Both of Kulemin goals were sweet as combination prior and goal of Voloshenko .

BTW, There is direct link to the video :
mms://video.rfn.ru/rtr-sport/30940.asf

PS As you can see that backhand didn't lead to the goal : Ogordnikov hit the post after good assist by Radulov and only after that Voloshenko who was at far post scored on rebound.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Kaizer said:
No. They didn't show it in higlhights. Scorers on video are : Kulemin (2:1), Voloshenko(3:1), Shirokov(4:1), Kulemin(5:1). Both of Kulemin goals were sweet as combination prior and goal of Voloshenko .

BTW, There is direct link to the video :
mms://video.rfn.ru/rtr-sport/30940.asf

PS As you can see that backhand didn't lead to the goal : Ogordnikov hit the post after good assist by Radulov and only after that Voloshenko who was at far post scored on rebound.

Well then Voloshenko has a pretty wicked backhand shot. Even though he obviously copied it from Crosby . . . ;)

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Upchuck19 said:

Thank-you for feedback and info on Emelin/Yemelin...
:handclap:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad