WJC Group A: Dec 29 GDT - Norway vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
NBHABSFAN said:
Average game by the ref, open your eyes dude he was horiable.

no he wasn't, you drag a guy down from behind, that's a penalty

there's a brawl after the whistle, that's a penalty

you hook a guy without the puck, that's a penalty

players only have to look at themselves. Yes the ref blew a few calls, but hey he can make mistakes too. Sutter did an aweful lot of mistakes and same for the players.

emb24*

bourdon played well very steady - i wish the habs had drafted him instead of price. lol.
the one thing i noticed though is he doesn't pinch enough and initiate on the PP..he seems happy to play pass with a forward in the high circle rather than get the puck down low or look for a screen to shoot into..then again canada wasn't doing enough screening. he played solid in his own end though. heand letang were probably canada's best d tonight

Macman

May 15, 2004
FSU Seminoles said:

Congratulations. You found the three correct calls out of the 35 he made.

Rotang

Sep 30, 2005
Dallas, TX
emb24 said:
bourdon played well very steady - i wish the habs had drafted him instead of price. lol.
the one thing i noticed though is he doesn't pinch enough and initiate on the PP..he seems happy to play pass with a forward in the high circle rather than get the puck down low or look for a screen to shoot into..then again canada wasn't doing enough screening. he played solid in his own end though. heand letang were probably canada's best d tonight
I was worried about his occasional defensive lapses so that's good to hear that he was solid in his own end. Thanks for the review emb

NBHABSFAN

Mar 17, 2004
Ottawa
FSU Seminoles said:

players only have to look at themselves. Yes the ref blew a few calls, but hey he can make mistakes too. Sutter did an aweful lot of mistakes and same for the players.

You check a guy too hard and its 2 mins for charging. That was a brutal display of officiating. He has no business reffing any more games. 38 penalties plus misconducts. If you think this is because of the players, while some are, the ref was the center of this game. He ruined the flow of the game, and I hope we never see him again, hate to see a gold medal game decided when the entire game is played with specail teams

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Stop listening to Mcquire. The ref was consistent with his calls, players on both teams were dirty with cheap shots. There were probably some bad calls but nothing unordinary. Just please stop whining, seriously, it is unbearable.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Macman said:
Congratulations. You found the three correct calls out of the 35 he made.

Bonsanken's penalties were deserved, the other defenseman who has some long name took at least 3 penalties that were deserved.

Bolland high sticked some guy, same for Downie, Letang grabing the puck, Ostil hooking

among others

NBHABSFAN

Mar 17, 2004
Ottawa
Siberian said:
Stop listening to Mcquire. The ref was consistent with his calls, players on both teams were dirty with cheap shots. There were probably some bad calls but nothing unordinary. Just please stop whining, seriously, it is unbearable.

Ya because we always see 38+ minor penalties in a game. Give your head a shake.

He was brutal for both teams, I will give you that. If by dirty and cheap shots you mean body checks, because I don't remember seeing any of them.

espo*

Siberian said:
I would'nt come here then,if you think we are'nt gonna groan about 35 penalties,you'll be in the loonie ward in no time.

I look forward to this tournament every year,i don't want them ruining the games.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
NBHABSFAN said:
Ya because we always see 38+ minor penalties in a game. Give your head a shake.

He was brutal for both teams, I will give you that. If by dirty and cheap shots you mean body checks, because I don't remember seeing any of them.

Russia vs Slovakia... 45min + in penalties for both teams. Refereed by a Canadian.... shall we start complaining about how the Canadian refs call the game wrong? :sarcasm:

Westcoasthabsfan

Aug 22, 2004
In Pandoras Box
I must say thats two uninspired games in a row with a game against the US on the horizon.... The boys had better pick up their socks because the US will walk all over them..... But they did hold the mighty powerhouse Norwegians to 13 SOG.....Time to rattle some cages there Brent.....

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
cyclops said:
I would'nt come here then,if you think we are'nt gonna groan about 35 penalties,you'll be in the loonie ward in no time.

I look forward to this tournament every year,i don't want them ruining the games.

let's say there was 5 bad calls maybe 10 at most, that would still leave the count to 25. Don't you think the players have anything to do with this ? and the coaches ? not able to control them, because the coaches also got on refs back

Macman

May 15, 2004
Slitty said:
Russia vs Slovakia... 45min + in penalties for both teams. Refereed by a Canadian.... shall we start complaining about how the Canadian refs call the game wrong? :sarcasm:

Um, there were match penalties in that game because of brawling. Does it really have to be explained?

espo*

FSU Seminoles said:
let's say there was 5 bad calls maybe 10 at most, that would still leave the count to 25. Don't you think the players have anything to do with this ? and the coaches ? not able to control them, because the coaches also got on refs back
Hey,i'm just trying to help the guy.

Westcoasthabsfan

Aug 22, 2004
In Pandoras Box
Slitty said:

:handclap: :thumbu:

Here Here..... too many fans are blaming the refs tonight.... the score was only 4-0 to the weakest team in the tourney.....

NBHABSFAN

Mar 17, 2004
Ottawa
Slitty said:

45 mins is like 21 penalties not anywhere near like it was tonight. I am not questioning the nationality of the official we would have been upset if it was a canadian who called this game. The officialing is all over the board you don't know what you will get game to game. I don't think anyone wants to see a Gold Medal game with 38 penalties in it. We want to see the teams decide it. Let the boys play

espo*

Westcoasthabsfan said:
:handclap: :thumbu:

Here Here..... too many fans are blaming the refs tonight.... the score was only 4-0 to the weakest team in the tourney.....
i'm not blaming them for the 4-0 score.I'm blaming them for ruining the damn game.it was awful to watch.

NBHABSFAN

Mar 17, 2004
Ottawa
cyclops said:
i'm not blaming them for the 4-0 score.I'm blaming them for ruining the damn game.it was awful to watch.

Ya agree, its not the score its the burtal game that was called on both teams. I don't want to watch a game where it is played entirely on the PP or PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad