WJC Group A: Dec 28 GDT - Canada vs. Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_shannon_1983*

Pierre McGuire doesn't like diving. He tells all of the kids who may be watching not to dive because diving ruins the integrity of the game.

That is funny, because while growing up I had a few minor hockey coaches who told us to dive on contact in order to draw penalties.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
ferns8916 said:
Pierre McGuire doesn't like diving. He tells all of the kids who may be watching not to dive because diving ruins the integrity of the game.

That is funny, because while growing up I had a few minor hockey coaches who told us to dive on contact in order to draw penalties.

You had a coach who told you to dive???

Dogbert*

Nice to see the ref call the dive after Switzerland spent the entire third period flopping all over the ice.

Zetterberg4Captain*

Can someone please post a box score link not from the IIHF because the IIHF does'nt work for me when I check rosters or boxscores.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
At least the ref called the last dive. He missed the first 10 but finally noticed when the punk dove RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FACE!!

I'm sick of this diving crap. This is what happens when you have a POOR ref calling everything early. It facilitates these sort of actions.

Westcoasthabsfan

Aug 22, 2004
In Pandoras Box
Not a great game at all by Canadas juniors... I dont want to hear they played down to the level of their competition.... shouldnt be an excuse... Sutter better have the guys ready for Norway tomorrow... He is still undefeated as Team Canada Junior coach......Learn from tonight boys that you have to work hard for sixty mins

Transported Upstater

Westcoasthabsfan said:
I dont want to hear they played down to the level of their competition.... shouldnt be an excuse...

Agreed. I've always hated that logic.

espo*

First: Good game by the Swiss,nice game plan and stood up to the physical game really well.Nice defensive effort all night and played a good box in their end and a nice set in the neutral zone.

Second: Canada was not sharp and did'nt get to the spots well enough tonight.They had a devil of a time picking up passes in the o-zone and when they would get it............they would'nt shoot it.

bad game all around.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
King Henry I said:
Nice too see that the Swiss didn't just roll over to Canada--nothing builds a team's character like a near upset.

How did Blake Comeau play?

Comeau played a strong game I thought. In my opinion, he's one of Canada's best forwards and is the kind of guy, from what I've seen, that I'd want out there for the last minute... I've really become a fan of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad