PGT: WJC Gold Medal Game | Finland Win Gold Over USA 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

king89

Dec 4, 2018
There's a strange amount of confidence in the team that lost 4-1 in the first matchup in this thread.
Well the game didn't look like a 4-1 victory, it was even and Luukkonen had a bad game. Tonights game is very open.

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
Great scheduling time iihf. Have to record and then watch Seahawks and Canucks when I get home from the game.

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
Going out on a limb here, but here is goes...………one team will win gold, and the other one silver. Anyway you look at it, Canada will not medal. That warms the heart of the elitists Canadian fans' tears, that I had to endure going to a Lightning game against any Canadian team.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Fred McCarthy

Dec 26, 2018
It me ..Gritty!
Going out on a limb here, but here is goes...………one team will win gold, and the other one silver. Anyway you look at it, Canada will not medal. That warms the heart of the elitists Canadian fans' tears, that I had to endure going to a Lightning game against any Canadian team.
Ya can't win them all Herbert , but you probably know that

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
I love Finland and its people. There's a lot of Finns who live in Minnesota. Such nice people adding to the "Minnesota Nice" nickname for Minnesotans.

IMO we should seriously consider invading the fair state if MN and annexing it to the motherland (actually "fatherland" in FIN). Perhaps we should have a nationwide vote about this back in the old forest. I've visited MN a few times due to family ties and the whole region is almost like home (on both sides of the lakes).

As to the game - well, I hope the decisive advantage will be brought by the dudes who already beat the other team's dudes in the last final they played against each other (U18).

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Well that explains your remarkable psychological complex.

I suggest some yoga or maybe some warm milk and a nap.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Really?

2015: Finland and the US both lose in the quarters.

2016: Finland wins, the US comes 3rd.

2017: Finland play in the relegation round, the US win.

2018: Finland lose in the quarters, the US comes 3rd.

In the same time frame Canada has 2 golds and one silver.

Anyway, looking forward to the game tonight.
Perhaps I've overestimated Finalnd's performance outside of their two golds. Still, it's great to see these two programs in a big game.

sadpanda

May 19, 2016
Stockholm
Americans crying cause some people feel confident Finland will win, boohoo.

This could go either way. Hoping for a good game!

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
If / when we wanna win this game we have to play our tournaments best game.
USA has players like Hughes, Wahlström, Samuelsson, and Farabee who were losing U18 WJC gold medal game last spring in Chelyabinsk so it's not surprise USA is looking rematch they wanna pay back that loss that's for sure.

Finland's start in this tournament wasn't best possible but still our team has grown so much during the tournament and they really have earned to be 2nd team in this game.

Gold or Silver no matter we take that result what we deserve.
Best team will win tonight as always in hockey.
Good luck for both teams.

leftwing

May 26, 2007
Are there any LEGAL streaming options in the US.

Does anyone know if I sign up for NHL Network whether I can get it streamed to a device? Traveling and want to watch but it needs to be mobile.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
USA is much better team, finns has no change
I don’t agree at all. The Finns can adjust their game just like the US does. The Finns seem to have more scoring throughout the lineup but the US defensive system might be stronger.

Special teams might be the key here, if forced to bet, I think I’d put money in the Finns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad