PGT: WJC Gold Medal Game | Finland Win Gold Over USA 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DollarAndADream

Feb 27, 2012
Now that Canada has been eliminated, my fellow Canadian fans are scuttling away from this match like roaches from a drowning corpse. Sell, sell, sell. Perfect time to grab a pair of lower bowl premium seat $1,200 gold medal tickets for under $400.

Last chance for Jokiharju and Tolvanen to salvage their tournaments. I will keep a close eye on both guys (along with Kakko and Hughes of course) and give my thoughts afterward.
If someone is a Canucks fan especially, it's a great game to go to to watch some of the future.

Quinn Hughes is a showcase himself, then you have Tyler Madden as well as a Canucks prospect, as well as the Fin, Utunen.

Then the slight slight possibility that Jack Hughes becomes a Canuck with his brother, is also obviously on Team USA.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Keduzin

May 5, 2009
Finland finally playing as well as expected after that Canada victory, team USA will need to pull a rabbit out of their cracker in order to stand a chance, and even that won´t be enough if Finland plays on the level they can.

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

hososo

Dec 18, 2018
this is first usa vs finland final.

and the winner will have the second most gold medals. if soviet and cis are golds not counted to russia

Last edited:

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
If Finland wins I think the cost of victory will be too high, having to sacrifice too many players. So it's honestly a no win situation for them. They should probably just forfeit.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Got to hand it to the Finns for getting to the GMG. but I'm pulling for the Americans here to bring it home just as an extra poke in Hockey Canada's eye.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
The Finns got a bit lucky to beat an average Canada team with good goaltending, while the US looked pretty good beating Russia. I would have to think the US is the favorite here, and I do hope they win. Reading the excuses and outrage of the Canadian fans on here will be a very, very nice bonus. I expect the Finnish fans will be gracious in victory or defeat.

Reactions: Stubu

king89

Dec 4, 2018
The Finns got a bit lucky to beat an average Canada team with good goaltending, while the US looked pretty good beating Russia. I would have to think the US is the favorite here, and I do hope they win. Reading the excuses and outrage of the Canadian fans on here will be a very, very nice bonus. I expect the Finnish fans will be gracious in victory or defeat.
USA is favorite. GO SUOMI

Reactions: LAINEC

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Just watched the New Year's Eve USA Fin game highlights and the Finnish goalie was bad. Love the response from the crowd after each USA goal. I didn't see the whole game. Who carried the play? Was it a one-sided affair? Please no Canadian responses. Even if you think you're not biased.

Last edited:

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Just watched the New Year's Eve USA Fin game highlights and the Finnish goalie was bad. Love the response from the crowd after each USA goal. I didn't see the whole game. Who carried the play? Was it a one-sided affair? Please no Canadian responses. Even if you think you're not biased.
Finns where dominating in the second period, besides that I'd say USA. US led by 1 when Finns got a goal wrongly dissallowed. US got help from Finnish goaltender, he let in I'd say 2 bad goals. So it wasn't a one sided affair, even though the result might suggest that.

Better goaltending and we should be fine. The US are still favorite to win it, but I think the Finns looked awesome against Canada and Switzerland. They play fast and skilled. They've been playing like Canada and USA play. Tolvanen is and needs to be in for a big night, he's still at 0 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad