GDT: WJC - Finland vs Germany, Dec 27, 2023

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I think they got that one right, players should not be rewarded fro turning their backs at the last second. The recipient of the hit should carry some responsibility.
Hey you are allowed to think whatever you want... That was a pretty tough check right into numbers in IIHF. Hell, they would consider 5min it on NHL or any other WC or Olympics....

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Luolis

May 11, 2016
Finland
Watching IIHF officials helps to remind me that it could be worse.
I dunno man. After watching most Habs games this season, i would much rather have these guys. I mean i dont think theres been any miscalls in this game (unless Pulkkinen got tripped in the 3-4 goal.)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And there is your next DOPS...
Unlike Parros, I'm here to help.

I think they got that one right, players should not be rewarded for turning their backs at the last second. The recipient of the hit should carry some responsibility. Also, the replay showed the puck was covered outside the crease.

Disagree on the hit from behind -

The recipient is turned to the boards (and yes, mishandles the puck) the entire time prior to contact. He didn't just turn at the last moment, he's fully facing the boards the whole time. That's normally an IIHF five.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

The recipient is turned to the boards (and yes, mishandles the puck) the entire time prior to contact. He didn't just turn at the last moment, he's fully facing the boards the whole time. That's normally an IIHF five.

No, he was heading along the boards with his side towards the ice. He turned his back at the last second. I think the fact that he wasn't injured at all, also played into it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
No, he was heading along the boards with his side towards the ice. He turned his back at the last second. I think the fact that he wasn't injured at all, also played into it.

His shoulders are never perpendicular to the boards. He's facing the wall. It was the wrong call.

Reactions: jj cale

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Finland hockey is regressing
I don't care anymore.
We got an NBA allstar player ( Lauri Markkanen ) last season so i'm turning to basketball fan mostly.

I'm seriously considering to skip rest of U20 WJC's after tonight's game
i can't watch this bullshit hockey and clueless bozo coach named Lauri Mikkola any further.

Mikkola may actually be worse than Rautakorpi.
No shit sherlock.
Do you didn't tell news but i agree.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017

yeah but not according to @Jussi.. and I quote "He's not fully facing the wall"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad