GDT: WJC: Austria Vs Finland | Dec 27 | 2PM

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
and no Peeters? or Wallner... two of their best forwards. Non Covid illness?

Last edited:

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Kemell needs to score some goals in this game. He didn't do anything against Germany. With that said, he didn't get any good passes in the PP either.
I hope Lambert can continue with a good performance after his good start against the Germans.
We need a scorer in this team, let's see if Simontaival, Järventie or Kemell has something in surprise. Let's go leijonat!

1-0!!! Koivunen!

Yep, Lambert with the assist. Good start.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Lambert is great vs his pures but has troubles producing against men. I wonder where he will be picked this year. My guess would be mid 1st round

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I don't know, I like the choice to choose Jatkola in this game. Perhaps and hopefully Pennanen will let Blomqvist get his chance against better opponents and leave it up for him and Meriläinen so they can fight for the first spot perhaps?
Because imagine if Blomqvist would have been our first choice and just got 3 shots and one of them would be a difficult one and got in. Pointless in spoiling his energy or let that affect his self confidence?

I remember Bragin being controversial with Russias u-20 back in the days. Sometimes with success.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I know Helenus is really big but is he still growing? Looks so sluggish with his skating sometimes. I guess it takes some time for really long players to grow into their bodies and develop their skating.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Finns have had 10 shots on goal in the last five minutes. The Austrians don't have any in that span.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Helenius and Soderbolm from last year are two of my favorite WJ players of all time. Just the twin towers who can finish

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I can't count how many times the Austrians have run away from the near post to leave a man in the slot wide open. They paid for it against the Lambert line... Lindner did not need to go running behind the net there while Helenius is sitting in the slot. No chance for Wraneschitz.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wait, Austria is finally breaking out with numbers and they blow it dead for a Finn penalty? Odd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad