GDT: WJC: Austria Vs Finland | Dec 27 | 2PM

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I considerably overestimated Austria, especially their first line. You’d think Kasper and Peeters would be able to get a little going, I don’t even think they will be able to match Elias’ line. Germany could win by 4-5 vs them.

Not having Peeters to play off of can't help Kasper. He looks like he's got to do everything out there on most of his shifts.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Might be a bit cold take but Kemmel line was just horrible. They should be able to do better against Austria

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Really hard to take away any positives from that game. I guess Luca Auer played solid two-way, or gave it a good shot at least, and got the PP assist. No one else really stood out for good, but many players stood out for less than glamorous reasons.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Pennanen is a genious, i already said it last year but i got booed. Lambert should be a lock to pretty much any Finland u20 team ever with his skillset, but Pennanen left him out earlier to wake him up. He's having a tough season with rubbish JYP and he needed some reality check, look at him now.

Very pleased how he's reacting to upsets and getting stronger and humble instead of being a diva.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
The first period set the scene here, was playing after that from both sides. One thing that struck me and where we will come short against Canada and the like is that too many great chances go begging by guys not being in the right spot or right position. Not taking the half a second before receiving the pass in front of goal to be at least partly facing the direction of the pass, unable to one time it. Get into a good position get the puck but then need to turn 180 degrees to shoot towards the goalie and by then smothered by defence and the goalie is now lined up.
Canadians are so much better at the small things before getting the pass in that position

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Kapanen was brutal, might be a reason why Järventie and Kemell didn't play so well. Why put our two best scorers with a center who can't pass?

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Kapanen was brutal, might be a reason why Järventie and Kemell didn't play so well. Why put our two best scorers with a center who can't pass?
He was, and so was Kemell. Individually too both. Well the line will be probably changed anyways so hopes are that itll get better. They "almost scored" in Austria game as some one said, well perhaps, but they didint even look very good. They were better in Germany game, which wasnt that good neither. Kemell got one good look there but hit defenders skate, but it was PP.

Reactions: Marioesque

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
I have a feeling we (FIN) are one good center short of being a real contender. Sorely miss Raty (who was playing almost 20 mins in Sunday Liiga match, but had to skip WJC due to earlier team Covid protocol issue).. He could fix the Kemell line..

Edit: Been impressed by Helenius, Lambert, Koivunen line. I've also liked the effort of Simontaival. Our D has been a bit shaky (outside Niemelä), but should improve with more games. Hirvonen has been a bit snake bitten, but I expected more from him really.

Reactions: Keke and JabbaJabba

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I have a feeling we (FIN) are one good center short of being a real contender. Sorely miss Raty (who was playing almost 20 mins in Sunday Liiga match, but had to skip WJC due to earlier team Covid protocol issue).. He could fix the Kemell line..

I think it could come down to this. Finland has great wingers but lack at least one top center. The protocol issue sucks but it is what it is.

Reactions: LaMasquerade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad