Prospect Info: WJC 2022: The Remix Edition

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
Was he a at our training camp? If so, I'd 100% be down, he was phenomenal.
Yup, he was there. Definitely was one of the better goalies.

Attachments

• 4DDEA496-D0AD-4A9D-82A6-49ABE10776A4.jpeg
    4DDEA496-D0AD-4A9D-82A6-49ABE10776A4.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 7

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Mazur and Savage officially Make Team USA

So we got 9 guys playing in this... Edvinsson, Neiderbach, Wallinder (Sweden), Mazur, Savage (USA), Sebrango, Cossa (Canada), Viro (Finland) and Bednar (Czech)

I'm excited to see the kids on Finland and Canada. I'm glad to see so many of our kids on Team Sweden but I get a feeling that Sweden will be done in by their management's and the coaching staff's lineup choices like in 2020 and 2021.

Reactions: RRhoads

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I'm hoping we're proved wrong by Cossa during this tournament. He had a strong WHL playoffs.
Wallstedt was always going to be the goalie who looked better, at the time they were drafted. The issue is that Wallstedt's ceiling wasn't as high as Cossa's and Wallstedt is still going to struggle to get starts in the SHL who are more than comfortable with waiting until goalies are in their mid-to-late 20's before giving them the net consistently

Reactions: Realgud

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Wallstedt was always going to be the goalie who looked better, at the time they were drafted. The issue is that Wallstedt's ceiling wasn't as high as Cossa's and Wallstedt is still going to struggle to get starts in the SHL who are more than comfortable with waiting until goalies are in their mid-to-late 20's before giving them the net consistently

I don’t buy that about Wallstedt’s ceiling.

Just because a player looks more raw doesn’t mean they have more potential. And just because a player has more polish to their game doesn’t mean they are less likely to grow.

Cossa being less refined than Wallstedt just means he has much more to go to reach his floor, that’s all.

Reactions: Cake Eater

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

Just because a player looks more raw doesn’t mean they have more potential. And just because a player has more polish to their game doesn’t mean they are less likely to grow.

Cossa being less refined than Wallstedt just means he has much more to go to reach his floor, that’s all.

he’s also a 6’6 athletic freak, can’t discount that

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Wallstedt is 6'3" and pretty damn athletic himself. It's not like he's peak summer Jim Howard.
Part of the reason he dropped is because he is heavy for a goalie and teams had concerns about him maintaining an ideal weight. It was reported.

Reactions: newfy

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011

Understandable, but the eye test tells you that Wallstedt is simply a very good technical goaltender who I would compare to a Jacob Markstrom. Cossa, for me, seems to be more in the Hellebuyck/Shesterkin range.

You're not getting a bad goaltender out of either of them, but that extra bit of athleticism that Cossa has over Wallstedt does, IMO, push him into a potentially higher tier. The best comparison I would make between the two is the difference between Ben Bishop and Andrei Vasilevsky. Both, in their prime, were good, but Vasilevsky just has that extra athletic ability that stops the odd goal here or there, that steals you a game or a series.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Garand and Cossa splitting the net, tonight, versus Sweden in Canada's pre-tournament game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad