GDT: WJC 2022 Dec 23 Pre-Tournament, 4 games!

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Cossa,welcome to the bench, but I like his game enough that he could play in the gold medal final yet. Those were the days my friends…

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I mean 6-4 isn't a terrible result. Canada is always going to be the favorite in head-to-head, especially if you give them 4-0 lead, but overall I think this was ok. Defensemen selection also looking as good as expected.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Thought Russia played pretty well outside that first period. Dat Defense doh, don't know why they insist on playing politics and leaving a lot of good players off the roster. Michkov needs to be registered as a WMD.

Some good some bad from Team Canada. Cossa was definitely shaky but just one pre-tournament game doesn't mean that much. That McTavish-Johnson combo looking deadly. Owen Power is also comically huge.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Wasn't very impressed with the penalties in the second, Desnoyers had some struggles took a tripping penalty and looked a bit off on the penalty kill, and got hurt but quickly returned. Johnson and McTavish is what is going to help this team win, and can they please... PLEASE give Bedard more ice time! I think Garand is definitely the starter even though he only faced 15 shots. The defence seemed quite solid tonight, Seeley and O'Rourke were a bit off but it's expected they will likely be the extra defenders anyway. I'm happy to see Lukas Cormier get a goal, real underrated guy. This will be an interesting tournament that's for sure, I was originally thinking the energy looked weak at the drop of the puck in the first but they went on to score 4 goals in that period so something happened there. Haha #GoCanadaGo

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I mean 6-4 isn't a terrible result. Canada is always going to be the favorite in head-to-head, especially if you give them 4-0 lead, but overall I think this was ok. Defensemen selection also looking as good as expected.
My three points from this game
- we gifted 2-3 goals to Canada, brutal turnovers in defensive and neutral zones, gotta clean it up
- a 17 year old is the best offensive player on the team
- Guskov should be the starter against Sweden

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Anyone got a link for Sweden game? My link died :(

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
This Russian team was supposed to be the strongest in years but looked awful today. Askarov, the whole defense and the forwards with the exception of a 17 year old. The first period was the weakest in years. Askarov is done in my eyes as a starter he is a liability. Like the whole D was in this game. I mean seriously, what are Kuznetsov and Chayka thinking after this shitshow.
We looked awful in the first, we looked from average to good in second and third. Could’ve beaten Canada 4-0 in that timeframe if not for a beauty by McT and a gifted 6th goal

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
What channel is the Sweden game on????

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
We looked awful in the first, we looked from average to good in second and third. Could’ve beaten Canada 4-0 in that timeframe if not for a beauty by McT and a gifted 6th goal

We got many gifts back from Canada like Pashins Goal and many unnecessary penalties. We better analyse what happened after the first 20 minutes then what we played after that against a team who already was thinking about the first/next game. After all the talk how good this roster will be, cause like everyone played already against men (!), we looked liked kids against men. Canada was bigger, stronger and faster. And maybe Ponomaryov start reading books about "how to win a faceoff if your life depends on it". Khusnutdinov should read this book too.

Reactions: Czechboy

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I mean if you want to play that game atleast 2 of your goals were gifts as well. It is kind of silly to do that anyways. Most goals happen because of some kind of mistake or "gift".

Reactions: Dominance

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Sweden is the team to watch. Scary top 6 and lots of grit on defence. Plus they should be safe on goalies. They match up well to Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad