GDT: WJC 2022 Dec 23 Pre-Tournament, 4 games!

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Right but if the difference between Bedard and Michkov enough to pass on Bedard and wait on Michkov for 3 years? They are both exceptional prospects and I don't think it is outlandish to think that will be a factor to some teams. Whether it should be or not is an entirely different conversation lol

If both players were UFA at 27 regardless I think it matters at lot. If you get Bedard and put him in the NHL immediately and get him for 7 years until he's 25 or you get Michkov and he has to wait until D+3 until he comes over and you get him for 7 years until he's 27 that's almost better for a terrible team. Same number of years but in theory better years. Of course the near future matters more so it's not that simple, but I don't think it matters enough to not take the best player if you think that's Michkov.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The mods should really rename this forum to World Juniors and bump it up on the home page. They did it every year for years. Not sure why this time they don't do it.

I agree...

Would make sense...

For us in North America it's really the only televised hockey we can watch right now...

Reactions: Czechboy

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Perfetti has also been pretty good for Canada too. Neighbours too.

Haven't really noticed Wright all that much.

Reactions: bsu

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
The ONLY thing I care about in exhibition games is no injuries... I think a Canuck just got hurt.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That pass by the Russian goalie :laugh:

Turn around like he's going to ring it around the boards and then pass backwards between his own legs to his own D

Reactions: BigRangy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
My only advice for Desnoyers.. don't take off the skate.. sleep in it, wear it for the next game. Your ankle is going to explode when the trainers take it off.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
That pass by the Russian goalie :laugh:

Turn around like he's going to ring it around the boards and then pass backwards between his own legs to his own D
I figure, today, Russians goalies are best in the world as a group. now they're passing between their legs!

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
This Russian team was supposed to be the strongest in years but looked awful today. Askarov, the whole defense and the forwards with the exception of a 17 year old. The first period was the weakest in years. Askarov is done in my eyes as a starter he is a liability. Like the whole D was in this game. I mean seriously, what are Kuznetsov and Chayka thinking after this shitshow.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Full on slapper with 10 seconds left.. if I did that in my beer league I'd be beat up in the parking lot.lol

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
This Russian team was supposed to be the strongest in years but looked awful today. Askarov, the whole defense and the forwards with the exception of a 17 year old. The first period was the weakest in years. Askarov is done in my eyes as a starter he is a liability. Like the whole D was in this game. I mean seriously, what are Kuznetsov and Chayka thinking after this shitshow.
Russians start slow and amp it up when needed... Should be a semi finalist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad