Prospect Info: WJC 2020

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I miss the days when the Jets had players on Team Canada. I find I completely lack interest as of late on the Canada side.

Here's hoping we get to see some in the future

Reactions: The Big M

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
How did those refs get from Minneapolis to the Czech Republic so fast?

Worked all day and just finished the game so now I’m checking out the thread and just want to say you absolutely made my day with this. That’s hilarious. Thank you.

Reactions: Ducky10

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He hasn't peaked but he was in the NHL for like 20 games. If that's not considered making it, I dunno.

If he doesn't play another NHL game this year he is still a rookie next year. Playing 20 games isn't even close.

He will be a lot better player in 2 years time if he spends those 2 years playing a big role in the AHL and developing his skating in the off-seasons. Or at least for 1 season.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Harkins is playing games now and I expect both Samberg and Gus to make it in some capacity.

Getting to 3 2nd rounders would erase the 2nd round failure of the first few drafts. Could have them a year from now.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The comment was made the NHL yet. Don't know if a random 200 game is the number or not. To me, making the NHL means suiting up and being in the NHL. Gus, Harkins, Petan, Comrie are all players that have made it to the NHL level. Petan the "Veteran" with around 130 NHL games played.

You set the bar pretty low. So that accountant who played goal "made" the NHL.

200 games is a widely accepted threshold. I think that is too low myself, but I don't go entirely by number of games. If a young player wins a regular starting job, and keeps it successfully, I say he has made it. Pionk has made it. Heinola has not. I think Roslovic has even though he is still bouncing around the lineup a bit. He is not bouncing back to the AHL. Appleton is on the cusp, but he may get bounced back to the Moose so I'm not ready to make that call just yet. Gus is not close yet, IMO.

Reactions: KingBogo

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I miss the days when the Jets had players on Team Canada. I find I completely lack interest as of late on the Canada side.

Here's hoping we get to see some in the future
I still cheer on Canada as hugely as I always did. I'm a Canadian first, and a Jets fan second. I certainly do look forward to the day when there are Jets prospects on Team Canada.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If he doesn't play another NHL game this year he is still a rookie next year. Playing 20 games isn't even close.

He will be a lot better player in 2 years time if he spends those 2 years playing a big role in the AHL and developing his skating in the off-seasons. Or at least for 1 season.
Okay my only point is we know he is good enough to be in the NHL as a 4th liner. We still dont know what we have in Samberg.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Okay my only point is we know he is good enough to be in the NHL as a 4th liner. We still dont know what we have in Samberg.

OK, I would say fair enough and leave it at that except that I don't agree he has proven himself good enough, even as a 4th liner. He has shown himself to be close to good enough, but not quite yet. I think he needs to work on his skating to get there. If he can develop at least a little offense at the same time, while playing in the AHL, he may be able to aspire to higher than the 4th line.

He is an interesting case. It is pretty unusual for a player taken 60th OA in the draft to be that close to making it in the NHL in his D+1 season. I see him as almost a sure thing to make it to stay pretty soon. I am assuming he is still a full year to year and a half away, but he may make it sooner than that.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Will always say the WJC is my favourite form of hockey. The raw, unrefined talent and undisciplined and unpredictable aspects of it make it so much fun and chaos. Glad Canada is back on top, again. Great game. Camera for MVP, sure, but Russia still had a PP anyways and were up 3-1... so...

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad