Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

aGZXYM7_700bwp.webp

Last edited:

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
So, sorry...I never watched the post game stuff.

What was the ruling on the no-penalty call on the shot that went over the glass? I am dumbfounded as to how that is not a penalty...of course I wanted Canada to win, but just seemed goofy to me. Was it some tournament rule ?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

What was the ruling on the no-penalty call on the shot that went over the glass? I am dumbfounded as to how that is not a penalty...of course I wanted Canada to win, but just seemed goofy to me. Was it some tournament rule ?
It was a judgement call by the refs as to whether the puck would have gone out clean or not if it hadn't hit the camera. They made the wrong call.

None

Feb 22, 2012

Bob McKenzie's explanation was that the international rulebook has an excerpt regarding delay of game that says that if the puck is cleared from the defensive zone and hits structures or objects as part of the arena it won't be assessed as delay of game.
His example used the score clock as an example and he assumed that the referees assessed that the camera as such, but I think he said that he thought that it should've been a penalty and Canada got lucky.

Reactions: FFHockey

Garbox

Feb 27, 2016
Finland
It was a judgement call by the refs as to whether the puck would have gone out clean or not if it hadn't hit the camera. They made the wrong call.

Bob McKenzie's explanation was that the international rulebook has an excerpt regarding delay of game that says that if the puck is cleared from the defensive zone and hits structures or objects as part of the arena it won't be assessed as delay of game.
His example used the score clock as an example and he assumed that the referees assessed that the camera as such, but I think he said that he thought that it should've been a penalty and Canada got lucky.

And I understand that this is not something they could review, so basically it's a benefit of a doubt on whether the puck would've gone out without the contact or not. The linesman was right under the camera and saw it, but... I don't know, maybe they had ruled this situation before the tournament when they saw the cameras there?

Anyway, a tough situation for the refs as they probably were quite sure it was out, but have to think by the book there.

Reactions: Guyantics

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Missed the opener, what are you referring to here?

Similar situation, up by one against the Americans, cleared the puck into the bench, would've cleared the glass and a penalty but the Canadian assistant coach grabbed it before it went over the glass like an outfielder saving a home run.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Wondering if Gus’s play this year makes Lowry expendable in the not too distant future? Can Gus play with Copp?

That probably depends on what happens with Little and Wheeler. If Wheeler stays at 2C and Little centres the 3rd line then Gus could centre the 4th. With Copp and xxx it would be a 3b line. Little playing with KVes or Harkins and Archie. If Little shifts to RW we are more likely to continue to need Lowry.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Normally 200 games is the barometer for making it in the NHL

The comment was made the NHL yet. Don't know if a random 200 game is the number or not. To me, making the NHL means suiting up and being in the NHL. Gus, Harkins, Petan, Comrie are all players that have made it to the NHL level. Petan the "Veteran" with around 130 NHL games played.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Lowry was a 3rd rd pick. No Jets 2nd rd pick has made the NHL yet. Gus and Samberg will be the first 2, presuming they make it.
Harkins could be the first still. I wouldn't send him down with the way he's playing.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
The comment was made the NHL yet. Don't know if a random 200 game is the number or not. To me, making the NHL means suiting up and being in the NHL. Gus, Harkins, Petan, Comrie are all players that have made it to the NHL level. Petan the "Veteran" with around 130 NHL games played.

What you are describing is “making it to” the NHL, playing 200 games signifies “making it in” the NHL.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Participated extensively with the World Junior thread on the World Junior board...

Oh my lord... HF Jets posters are civil compared to that bunch of yahoo's...

Was like a HF Leafs thread... :sarcasm:

Regardless gutsy game by the Canadian boys against a very good Russian team...

Feels good...

PS... shout out to my Hutterite friends...

Joel Hofer - World Champion & top goaltender at the tournament... first Hutterite bloodline to win a World Championship as far as I know...

joel-hofer.jpg

:clap:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad