WJC: WJC 2018 Medal predictions

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Well, we are not in in the 90's no more, and in case you haven't noticed the USA has more gold in the last decade than Canada. The USA has dominated Canada at this tournament lately so yes do enjoy those memories of a by-gone era if it makes you feel better.
Lol it is actually amusing how far the point flew over your head right there.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Well, we are not in in the 90's no more, and in case you haven't noticed the USA has more gold in the last decade than Canada. The USA has dominated Canada at this tournament lately so yes do enjoy those memories of a by-gone era if it makes you feel better.

To be accurate about this the USA and Canada have played 7 games from 2013 on in the WJHC U20.
The USA has won 4 of those games Canada 3. The USA has won the last three in a row including last years Gold Medal game in a shootout.
Canada does not have a U17 team nor does it have a U18 team so I'm not sure how the USA has had unprecedented success against their Canadian counterpart age group.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Ah, the american superiority complex in full bloom, it's truly a sight to behold.

When you lose, you'll just go back to saying hockey isn't even an important sport in the country and it's a stupid game anyway.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Finland has never had a team like this. The blueline is absolutely stacked and the offensive talent is there. The best roster the country has produced, in my opinion anyway. Anything but gold would be a disappointment.

Gold - Finland
Silver - Sweden
Bronze - Canada

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Rooting for USA but Canada is always my default pick:

Gold: Canada
Silver: Finland
Bronze: USA over Sweden

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Gold- Russia
Silver- Finland
Bronze- USA

I actually see Sweden as the best team but have them losing to Canada in the 1 vs. 4 game in the QF since they always seem to lose to Canada in the knockout games.

Last edited:

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Group A
1. USA, 2. FIN, 3. CAN, 4. DEN, 5. SVK

Group B
1. SWE, 2. RUS, 3. CZE, 4. SUI, 5.BLR

Quarterfinal
USA-SUI -> USA
RUS-CAN -> RUS
SWE-DEN -> SWE
FIN-CZE -> FIN

Semifinal
USA-RUS -> USA
SWE-FIN -> SWE

Bronze game
FIN-RUS -> FIN

Final
USA-SWE -> SWE

Gold: SWE
Silver: USA
Bronze: FIN

MVP: Elias Pettersson
Best forward: Kailer Yamamoto
Best defenseman: Miro Heiskanen
Best goalie: Filip Gustavsson

All-star team
Tolvanen-Pettersson-Yamamoto
Heiskanen-Dahlin
Gustavsson

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Gold- Russia
Silver- Finland
Bronze- USA

I actually see Sweden as the best team but have them losing to Canada in the 1 vs. 4 game in the QF since they always seem to lose to Canada in the knockout games.

Neither team is likely to finish 4th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad