WJC: 2015 — Canada Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
left d side I think nurse/sanheim/fleury/bigras. if nurse is in the nhl then pilon

I would file that under the most unlikely category. It's tough for draft eligible player to make Team Canada in general but especially this year when Canada is strong on the left side of their defense.

He's not beating out Morrissey, Nurse, Morin, Fleury, Theodore, Heatherington, or Sanheim.

arsmaster*

I'd be shocked if Heatherington made the team over Bigras.

I wouldn't. It's being played on NA ice, Heatherington is a lock down shutdown defender who can play physical (6'4" 205 and mobile), who will likely partner Madison Bowey (this pair lead Canada to gold at the U18).

I don't see him making the team.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

id be honestly more surprised if bigras made it

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Depending on his injury return, Baptiste needs to get high consideration. No one other than Duclair scored mroe goals than him in the CHL last year (that was at camp this summer), probably the fastest skater on the team (McDavid overall a better skater though), and he plays a defensive punishing style that works out well on the 3rd/4th lines. If the brass complains they have only got 2 goals in the last 2 years from their bottom 6, it makes more sense to bring along one of your best goal scorers.

Baptiste is a virtual lock if he's healthy.

penguins2946*

How does Button have McDonald over Jarry? You know, the goalie that just won the Memorial Cup after coming in 2nd for WHL goalie of the year.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Can't wait to see Virtanen, have been waiting a long time to see this kid play.

Apparently he has ridiculous tools.

fallsviewafro*

No chance on Bennett being in with his upcoming shoulder surgery. Sad, would have really liked to see him light it up... would've been a bright spot now that he's doomed to another couple seasons in the OHL.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
What would Fucale have to do to play himself off the team?

Conversely, what does Comrie have to do to get a shot?

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I wouldn't. It's being played on NA ice, Heatherington is a lock down shutdown defender who can play physical (6'4" 205 and mobile), who will likely partner Madison Bowey (this pair lead Canada to gold at the U18).

I don't see him making the team.

It wouldn't surprise me all that much. Bigras hasn't impressed me very much.

I've seen a fair bit of him in the W, he's solid but nothing special.

Bigras also outplayed him IMO in the summer tournament.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Domi should be on the team. He will be one of the most skilled players available for the tournament. Judging by his first game back he didn't have the same negative attitude that he had the previous year.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Domi should be on the team. He will be one of the most skilled players available for the tournament. Judging by his first game back he didn't have the same negative attitude that he had the previous year.

Does his skill out weigh the risk of him going stupid and getting 2 minute penalties and 5 minute majors?

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Does his skill out weigh the risk of him going stupid and getting 2 minute penalties and 5 minute majors?

That's obviously the concern with him. Those penalties have been the killer for team Canada in recent years.

I think with the right motivation and direction he can be effective and avoid those sorts of penalties. He showed that during the Memorial Cup last year.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
With Bennett assurely out of the team I think Domi is the right guy to replace him as skilled,heart and soul center
After what I saw from Domi in the summer games especially the last game against the Czechs where he was out of control trying to hurt other players by going for their head and totally unfocused I really don't want him on the team but he possess the skill we could use. I am not sure what happens especially since Duclair, Reinhart, Lazar, and Horvat are still in the NHL. McDavid, Ritchie, Fabbri, Dal Colle, Virtanen, Petan looks like our top 6 without Domi or the other players in the NHL currently.

I don't feel too good with that top 6 so I think Domi will make the team because of his skill.

Uncle Buck

May 4, 2014
I'd be shocked if Heatherington made the team over Bigras.

Been watching Bigras since his return and still having trouble finding his groove since returning from Av's camp. Hetherington is one of the best defenders in the dub and I would consider a lock for his PK play alone. Team will have to look after its own end and something tells me special teams will be a big part of the tournment success/failure again.

Domi will be there, summer camp means little, watch him now that season started.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Been watching Bigras since his return and still having trouble finding his groove since returning from Av's camp. Hetherington is one of the best defenders in the dub and I would consider a lock for his PK play alone. Team will have to look after its own end and something tells me special teams will be a big part of the tournment success/failure again.

Domi will be there, summer camp means little, watch him now that season started.

what are you smoking???? he has 4 points in 6 games since he's been back and has played well in his own end as well

GuillaumeLetsundress*

After what I saw from Domi in the summer games especially the last game against the Czechs where he was out of control trying to hurt other players by going for their head and totally unfocused I really don't want him on the team but he possess the skill we could use. I am not sure what happens especially since Duclair, Reinhart, Lazar, and Horvat are still in the NHL. McDavid, Ritchie, Fabbri, Dal Colle, Virtanen, Petan looks like our top 6 without Domi or the other players in the NHL currently.

I don't feel too good with that top 6 so I think Domi will make the team because of his skill.

A lot of other players were also being ridiculously stupid.. namely ritchie.. I think both end up making the team but i really hope they get wrangled in a bit... although i will call it now, Ritchie will absolutely destroy somebody on a questionable hit and probably get suspended

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
A lot of other players were also being ridiculously stupid.. namely ritchie.. I think both end up making the team but i really hope they get wrangled in a bit... although i will call it now, Ritchie will absolutely destroy somebody on a questionable hit and probably get suspended

my biggest concern as well with both Domi and Ritchie + a few others knuckleheads....

it is in the oppositions' playbook, to taunt, agitate and provoke this type of undisciplined reaction...and some of our guys fall for it all the time.

I haven't seen Domi play yet since his return to junior, so imo he's still outside looking in until he proves something different. So, I guess we'll see at the SSS in November.

OrrwastheBeatles

Oct 11, 2011
No chance on Bennett being in with his upcoming shoulder surgery. Sad, would have really liked to see him light it up... would've been a bright spot now that he's doomed to another couple seasons in the OHL.

Umm, what?

He will likely get a 14 day reconditioning stint in the AHL once he's healthy, followed by a 9 game stint with the Flames. Then back to Kingston for the remainder of the season.

However, there is no way in hell he is still in the OHL next year. None.

Spending this winter in Calgary with the Flames' training staff will be a huge benefit in the sense that they will work with him on the type of strength training he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad