Prospect Info: With the 21st overall pick, Toronto selects... Frederik Gauthier!

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Your Windsor bias is showing through, your mad as hell that Rychel isn't a Leaf and that Horvat went ahead of him by 11 picks. I told you Bo knows Hockey.

My favourite team picked the prospect I wanted. You are so beyond clueless, i don't even know what to say.

You're not even worth an infraction, so I'll leave it there.

Last edited:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Leaf scouts spent their first round draft picks on those guys cause they believed they all had potential to expand their offensive game while being a safe pick at the same time. Not the boom or bust picks that people love to go gaga for but a solid depth pick with potential.

If they don't reach the NHL then I'd start saying that they're wasted picks but that's still a long time coming.

We're saying the same thing, but in addition to that, I think there's a problem if 2 firsts and a second get used up to build a third line.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
My favourite team picked the prospect I wanted. You are so beyond clueless, i don't even know what to say.

So your a Blue Jacket fan. Didn't I tell you Horvat was the best three zone player in the draft.

mikebel111*

don't bother arguing with him. he hates all Toronto sports teams

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Exactly.

Leafs pick a player: he sucks.

Anyone else picks a player: their god level

What ever, Kadri proved them wrong. In the future, Rielly, Finn, Biggs, Gauthier etc. will prove them wrong.

Leaf picks taken between 20 and 30 have not exactly vaulted us into top of the prospect rankings.

mikebel111*

Leaf picks taken between 20 and 30 have not exactly vaulted us into top of the prospect rankings.

yeah because at those picks. you expect to get a sure fire blue chip prospect?

how about watch the draft for once and learn about it

mikebel111*

And the Canadiens got four good prospects in two rounds, how do you think that's going to work out in the future.

I love the bolland trade. you hate it because the leafs did well in it. you act like second round picks become all stars.

take your hate else where.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

Who the hell cares about HF prospect rankings?

Kadri wasn't ranked in the top 50 last year, and had arguably the best performance in the NHL of any prospects in the top 50.

Bernier the Boats

Formerly BBurke
Aug 31, 2011

So your a Blue Jacket fan. Didn't I tell you Horvat was the best three zone player in the draft.

Can vouch for Ernie that he wanted Gauthier from the beginning. Also, until about ~February Ernie did not want Rychel at all, and disliked him as a prospect. Suggesting he's upset about not getting Rychel is comical.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
yeah because at those picks. you expect to get a sure fire blue chip prospect?

how about watch the draft for once and learn about it

I've been going to NHL drafts and following them for years, my first was in Montreal in 81, the Leafs took Jim Benning now the Head Scout for the Bruins. That was the year the Stastny's defected and they arrived at the Queen Elizabeth. At the 89 draft in Minnesota when the Leafs took the Bellville three, saw Mats Sundin there when he had all his hair. So I think it's quite possible that I've either attended NHL drafts or followed them before you were Born.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Can vouch for Ernie that he wanted Gauthier from the beginning. Also, until about ~February Ernie did not want Rychel at all, and disliked him as a prospect. Suggesting he's upset about not getting Rychel is comical.

I love jousting with Ernie he's such an angry young man, who values his opinions above all other. too bad he didn't want Horvat we might have gotten him.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I love jousting with Ernie he's such an angry young man, who values his opinions above all other. too bad he didn't want Horvat we might have gotten him.

You're hilarious. And yes, I value my opinion much higher than your's. I actually watch hockey, at all levels, and understand it. You do nothing but gripe, moan, and troll, on the topic.

What you're saying, is what we knew all along. You're an outright troll, and do it blatantly. Sweet open admission on it, man.

I'm about as angry as a fat kid in a cake shop.

Look over your post history. You want an example of angry? You've got it.

I just love letting you have it, which makes me come off as angry, because you couldn't find your way to a coherent thought about hockey if someone led you there with a trail of candy.

You're the James Woods of this message board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR72bDp8H8M

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
We're saying the same thing, but in addition to that, I think there's a problem if 2 firsts and a second get used up to build a third line.

I'm saying that it's not the worst thing that can happen if they make the NHL but come up short to what their expectations were. Having a draft pick become an NHL player is better than having him bust obviously.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
I've been going to NHL drafts and following them for years, my first was in Montreal in 81, the Leafs took Jim Benning now the Head Scout for the Bruins. That was the year the Stastny's defected and they arrived at the Queen Elizabeth. At the 89 draft in Minnesota when the Leafs took the Bellville three, saw Mats Sundin there when he had all his hair. So I think it's quite possible that I've either attended NHL drafts or followed them before you were Born.

No wonder you're bitter and lost all hope.

Your experience and draft reference go back to probably the worst era of Leaf history and you are mirroring anything the Leafs do today to those days.

It's not the 80s anymore, Sundins hair is long gone, cassette bands are out and your pacman highscore are all erased.

The sad thing is that you are probably enjoying all the attention you are getting now (your intentions obviously), but ah well it's off season you can have your moment.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
No wonder you're bitter and lost all hope.

Your experience and draft reference go back to probably the worst era of Leaf history and you are mirroring anything the Leafs do today to those days.

It's not the 80s anymore, Sundins hair is long gone, cassette bands are out and your pacman highscore are all erased.

The sad thing is that you are probably enjoying all the attention you are getting now (your intentions obviously), but ah well it's off season you can have your moment.

:laugh:

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
from what i've read so far, i believe we just got our own couturier :)

Before the draft I was kind of leary of drafting Gauthier because I got the impression he was just a big body with solid defensive play. Needless to say I wasn't too keen on drafting him in a supposedly deep draft.

But reading up (alot of reading) and watching some of his work, I am really excited what we have on our hands.

The most intriguing about him (except for his stellar defensive attributes) is his untapped offensive potential.

I believe him playing an extra year in triple A and playing as a rookie in his draft year in the Q limited his exposure and sample size to some teams/scouts thus questioning his offensive potential.

Had this been his 2nd year in the Q he might have been ranked higher and not even made it to 21.
Blessing in disguise perhaps.

He is a natural athlete, no matter what sport.
A bright kid who has exceptional fundamental understandings for the sport and will only improve.
Liking this pick more and more for each day and can't wait to watch some of his games this season.

emackulate

Dec 29, 2010
Before the draft I was kind of leary of drafting Gauthier because I got the impression he was just a big body with solid defensive play. Needless to say I wasn't too keen on drafting him in a supposedly deep draft.

But reading up (alot of reading) and watching some of his work, I am really excited what we have on our hands.

The most intriguing about him (except for his stellar defensive attributes) is his untapped offensive potential.

I believe him playing an extra year in triple A and playing as a rookie in his draft year in the Q limited his exposure and sample size to some teams/scouts thus questioning his offensive potential.

Had this been his 2nd year in the Q he might have been ranked higher and not even made it to 21.
Blessing in disguise perhaps.

He is a natural athlete, no matter what sport.
A bright kid who has exceptional fundamental understandings for the sport and will only improve.
Liking this pick more and more for each day and can't wait to watch some of his games this season.

could not agree more. really looking forward to his play next year.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm saying that it's not the worst thing that can happen if they make the NHL but come up short to what their expectations were. Having a draft pick become an NHL player is better than having him bust obviously.

Yeah I agree. I'm just saying, it's not an actually successful outcome to draft a third line out of two first round picks and a second rounder. Gord Stellick did that with Thornton, Bancroft and Pearson and those were labeled as the 'dark ages'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad