WITH SHOUTOUTS! If the league ended today, which active players from which teams would have proven among the greatest? (HHOF)

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
You want us to shoutout active players by pretending they're not active anymore? Without projection? That doesn't even seem like a history thread, but okay.

The most ambiguous one is probably Barkov, he does have HHOF type of talent but doesn't flash enough offensively and is quite uncharismatic as well and in a smaller market.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
The most ambiguous one is probably Barkov, he does have HHOF type of talent but doesn't flash enough offensively and is quite uncharismatic as well and in a smaller market.
A bit underwhelming in his playoff performance for being an arche type of what type of player is generally considered succesful in playoffs (a very versatile Selke center),

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Suspect will have jersey retired some points if they retire today for a non controversial reason

kings: Quick/ Doughty / Kopitar
Tampa: Vasilevskiy/Hedman/kucherov/stamkos
Pens: Crosby/Malkin/Letang
Caps: Ovechkin
Hawks: Kane
Oilers: McDavid
Ducks: Perry

Maybe
Boston: Marchand (06 can be hard to crack in)
Only Clarke has more points tahn Giroux has a flyers, no cup.
Jamie Been Dallas, again no cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: VanIslander

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I think this would be more fun as a Who Historically Is Would Be Great at The Shootout" thread.

But in terms of who needs a shoutout, is it already a given that Drew Doughty is a first ballot HOFer? I am enamored with that man's career. I think he's approaching my top-10 for the position, honestly.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It's hard for coaches to get in, but Cooper is such an easy induction for me.

I wouldn't be surprised in 15 years if Point gets in either. He still needs many strong years, but he has the capability to do it.
I love that he has never won the jack Adam's. What a dumb award.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
It's the same as all the other threads, just put one of these ! at the end of the sentence, and it becomes a shoutout.

muffin.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad