With no NHL hockey for a few weeks (and me feeling slighlty nostalgic)...

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
WHat was it?
I think that it may have been a cloud with rain drops? Melnyk was unusually optimistic about the Rangers. There was quite a division between the vets and newbies in those days. The "you are not a real fan" card came out when the newbies thought that the vets were not cheerleading the Lindros let Rangers enough.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
We all had those days. All except Anerin and Dedalus.

I remember when you joined and we had to differentiate between you and Brook. She may have predated all of us here. PLD goes back I think to the old Gameday boards.

Hahaha. Yes, I remember that. Then several of you protested when I added the all-important "s" to clarify that I wasn't HER fan. :)

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
I think that it may have been a cloud with rain drops? Melnyk was unusually optimistic about the Rangers. There was quite a division between the vets and newbies in those days. The "you are not a real fan" card came out when the newbies thought that the vets were not cheerleading the Lindros let Rangers enough.
Bingo. Infamous black cloud avatar. Always got a laugh out of it.

Dec 13, 2010
I lurked here for years before actually ever posting, since I've know Jon going on probably 7-8 years now. I always thought the Chad Johnson threads were hilarious at the time. "Prince Johnson" he was on this board, over a few good game. And this was years ago, so no argument about Lundqvist's age/contract. People actually supported him as the starter over Hank. Hilarious.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Sounds not so different from right now. Except the vets/newbies distinction.

Arguments I remember being constantly involved in: Del Zotto criticisms; defending the '11-12 team's honor; defending Henrik;

Larry Melnyk doesn't have that avatar anymore, but his Location is "Gloomsville, USA", haha.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
We all had those days. All except Anerin and Dedalus.

I remember when you joined and we had to differentiate between you and Brook. She may have predated all of us here. PLD goes back I think to the old Gameday boards.

I came in with a bunch of posters from Rivals when Hockey's Future first started--some of us also went back to the Gameday boards. That's where I started, think pld may have already been there when I joined. Boy that was a long time ago--I found Gameday in 1998--right around the time Malhotra was drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad