GDT: HURRICANES AT ISLANDERS, BEAT THEY ASS INTO NEXT SEASON EDITION

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Also cut it out with the whining about not calling a penalty for the Aho trip. The refs are never calling that in playoff OT, especially when it would potentially eliminate a team. We were going to have to win that game 5v5.

We can't rely on the PP when it gets to OT. We are going to have to score even strength

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I've heard of gripping the stick too tight the boys were holding the stick too loose today.

Need to tighten things up like this girl for the next game

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Also cut it out with the whining about not calling a penalty for the Aho trip. The refs are never calling that in playoff OT, especially when it would potentially eliminate a team. We were going to have to win that game 5v5.

We can't rely on the PP when it gets to OT. We are going to have to score even strength
Exactly. 0 goals 5v5 in 80+ minutes of play tonight. The fact that this is still a problem is wild to me.

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Refs cost this in OT, didn't call the trip and tackle on Aho, and Piles should have had the extra guy in the box.

Also the bias of the f***ing announcers is so bad
Do you expect the announcers to be rooting for a sweep? The Canes are a ratings dud, of course the network would like a little more excitement.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

I'm of 2 minds on this. I half agree and I was annoyed Aho didn't attempt to get up faster like he was waiting on the call.

But also Boston or NYR would've gotten that call OT or not.

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Between everyone here, I don’t think they’re playing that great. And this was before todays game. They are so far superior to the Islanders on paper

Reactions: Brock Anton

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Between everyone here, I don’t think they’re playing that great. And this was before todays game. They are so far superior to the Islanders on paper
They’re not playing well at all. It’s 3-1 solely due to talent differential. Game 1 was 50-50, we dominated Game 2, Freddie won Game 3 and today was another 50-50 (at best) game.

If we play like this against the Rags, it’s not going to go well.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Two things to accomplish next game:

1. Score at even-strength
2. Win a goddamn faceoff.

Also, it’s a bit concerning that Barzal has found his scoring touch. That’s not good news for Game 5.
The faceoff discrepancy is alarming. We need Staal to be dominating in the circle, because he's still got a couple years left and if he starts getting cratered on faceoffs, it doesn't bode well for how that contract will age

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad