Blue Jays Discussion: Winter Discontent III: Discontent with a Vengeance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
It'll be interesting to see how the Giants fill CF now since they're so desperate for someone who can play there.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Assuming they put McCutchen in RF (which they should), then Jarrett Parker is currently slated to be a depth piece. He would be a nice addition to platoon with Pearce.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
In before "The Jays could've bettered the SF offer if they really wanted to. What a failure by management" type comments. Even though there's no indication that they even got the chance or that Pittsburgh simply really likes the pieces SF could offer.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Things are lining up for us and Cain. Who else is even Interested?

From rumors teams that have been or is still interested in Cain are apparently the Jays, Brewers, Rangers and maybe the Cubs. The Jays look easily like the best fit.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Giants should still have interest. They are trying to get rid of Pence.

Baltimore, Rangers, KC and Diamondbacks. Maybe the Cubs but i doubt it.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
If we can get Cain I would flip Pillar to the Giants to play CF (if I get something useful)

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Wouldn't be surprised if Giants go 5 for Cain just to load up next year and then have him slide to right once Cutch leaves.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Wouldn't be surprised if Giants go 5 for Cain just to load up next year and then have him slide to right once Cutch leaves.
Bob Nightengale says the Giants are out of the Cain sweepstakes. Makes me wonder if the Giants sees McCutchen as a CF.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hernandez-Pillar-Cain would be pretty sweet.

Ideally we can move Morales somewhere as well.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Bob Nightengale says the Giants are out of the Cain sweepstakes. Makes me wonder if the Giants sees McCutchen as a CF.
Judging by some of the decisions that San Francisco has made in the last few years, I would expect that they view McCutchen as a CF, and it will likely end horribly. I think they should go out and get Hamilton, sacrifice the offence to get the player who might fit the best at AT&T.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Nightengale loves to be wrong too.

Either move Pence, backload Cain, or in an extreme case defer some salary.

How much money do they even have? Plus moving Pence is easier said then done.

Edit: They are apparently 1M below the tax line so if they want to stay under it "not sure if they do or not" there is no way they can get Cain without something like a Pence trade, which would surprise me.

Last edited:

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
How much money do they even have? Plus moving Pence is easier said then done.

Edit: They are apparently 1M below the tax line so if they want to stay under it "not sure if they do or not" there is no way they can get Cain without something like a Pence trade, which would surprise me.
That's what I'm thinking. They don't even have the farm to entice someone into trading for him.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Feel bad for Pittsburgh. The Giants farm is doodoo, which pretty much guarantees a second underwhelming return in less than a week.

The Pirates aren't even getting Chris Shaw, which means that despite trading their 2 stars, they won't get a top 100 prospects for either of them.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
So the Giants (who have a bottom third farm system) are able to get McCuthchen without giving up any of their top 3 prospects (Shaw, Beede, Ramos). Is McCutchen injured for the first half of the year or something? How did we not get in on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad