Transfer: Winter 2015-2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/203542-simon-mignolet-signs-new-long-term-lfc-contract

4ao73O6.gif

Worth posting again I guess. http://www.skysports.com/football/n...gues-most-error-prone-goalkeeper-since-201314

Every eye test, statistic and basically every fan calls for a better keeper at Liverpool. Better sign him to a 5 year extension!

Obligatory link

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/9-things-better-goal-simon-4735572

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/203601-klopp-out-to-secure-inaki-williams-deal

The German boss is a fan of the Athletic Bilbao attacker and is desperate to sign him.

The Spanish forward, 21, has a £15.2million release clause in his contract, which Klopp wants to trigger, according to Tuttomercatoweb.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out. It's clear we need some help at striker (he can play there I guess?) since Klopp doesn't want to play Benteke and everyone else is injured (and really Firmino's best position is behind the striker though he is serviceable there). Apparently many teams are after him though.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/football/article4668777.ece

Manchester United have been dealt a blow after John McDermott, Tottenham Hotspur’s highly regarded head of coaching and player development, rebuffed an approach to join the club as part of a planned overhaul of their academy.
It is understood that McDermott rejected the opportunity in order to stay with Tottenham, where he has a strong working relationship with Mauricio Pochettino, the head coach.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Chelsea also interested in signing Lavezzi.

Benedict Rossi moving back to Villarreal in the summer but will finish this season at Levante.

Andrej Kramaric has joined Hoffenheim on loan.

Branislav Ivanovic has signed a one year extension.

Luiz Adriano move to China falls through.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Yeah. I guess Milan was happy to double their money on him after 6 months. He was in China to finalize the move and decided against it.

Pato reportedly turned down 9m pounds per year from a second tier Chinese side. Going to be making 1.7m with Chelsea.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Don't see the harm in the Pato move.
Season's gone to **** and they won't be in CL next year anyways.
Has potential to turn into something good and if not, they'll just unload him.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Gazzetta is linking Liverpool with Morata.

Don't know how strong the link is, but Gazzetta is usually a decent source.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yup they are .

But Juve is on fire right now so I thought they let him go

I brought it up earlier, but Juventus certainly has the forward depth if they chose to make the move.

There are some barriers to Juventus and Liverpool doing business though, but Morata is a guy who makes a ton of sense.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Gazzetta is linking Liverpool with Morata.

Don't know how strong the link is, but Gazzetta is usually a decent source.

60M for Morata is dumb. Morata wasn't that good last year and had an insane amount of hype surrounding him for some stupid reason.

15 goals in 46 games last season. 3 in 26 this year. Includes 1 goal in 18 Serie A games.

Hell, anything over 30 for Morata would be a mistake.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
With his goalscoring record Morata would have been on a plane to Liverpool if they really offered that much. Definitely not true.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Tony Barrett Verified account
‏@TonyBarretTimes
Liverpool have made a €32m offer for Alex Teixeira but Shakhtar Donetsk are seeking closer to €50m for the attacker.

Can he play wing?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Tony Barrett Verified account
‏@TonyBarretTimes
Liverpool have made a €32m offer for Alex Teixeira but Shakhtar Donetsk are seeking closer to €50m for the attacker.

Can he play wing?

Looks like he does most of his work centrally. That being said he definitely has pace.

I don't know why Liverpool would spend resources on another central attacking player though, even if he is a very good one.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I've read he plays as a winger for Shakhtar.

SS I think.

But if we're getting him I'd imagine it's to try and play him at striker. Will have to wait and see...definite legs to this deal with Ayre going over and Barrett among other reputable sources reporting it, but even if we buy him it's a big transition. Hope he adjusts like Douglas Costa rather than say Luiz Adriano (assuming we get him). Could be quite a deadly front line when fully healthy.

Firmino - Teixeira - Coutinho
Striker (Studge, Benteke, Origi, Ings)​

or

Firmino - Coutinho
Teixeira​

With a midfield 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad