Transfer: Winter 2015-2016 Transfer Window Rumours and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
United has proposed 28M€ for Rabiot. Rejected by Paris.

Never mind the need for a legitimate center back, let's buy more midfielders and keep Herrera and Schneiderlin stapled to the bench permanently. Yay!

:shakehead:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/203542-simon-mignolet-signs-new-long-term-lfc-contract

4ao73O6.gif

Worth posting again I guess. http://www.skysports.com/football/n...gues-most-error-prone-goalkeeper-since-201314

Every eye test, statistic and basically every fan calls for a better keeper at Liverpool. Better sign him to a 5 year extension!

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Moussa Dembele (the french one) is in talks with Monaco. Fulham might agree.

Juventus has bought Mandragora :banana:

Martial's transfer contact has been leaked. 50M€ is in Monaco's pocket and 20m€ more should get there soon. The last 10M€ are a long shot (top 3 in Ballon d'Or voting).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Timm Klose officially leaves Wolfsburg for Norwich. Sule still the expected replacement. Lame.

In other Hoffenheim news; the club are said to be closing in on a move for Leicester's Kramaric. Their next attempt to spark that attacking unit which has been so dreadful this season, now that Volland must do it without his partner in crime. If their midfield gains some coherency (aka Amiri takes over the 10) and Kramaric settles in much better than Vargas has, this might just be a good way to get both club and player on track.

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
In other Hoffenheim news; the club are said to be closing in on a move for Leicester's Kramaric. Their next attempt to spark that attacking unit which has been so dreadful this season, now that Volland must do it without his partner in crime. If their midfield gains some coherency (aka Amiri takes over the 10) and Kramaric settles in much better than Vargas has, this might just be a good way to get both club and player on track.

Kramaric is talented but not sure what his fitness is like and what his confidence is like after barely playing for 6 months at Leicester. Though this is a type of move he should have made straight from the Croatian league, however money talks and Leicester were willing to pay 5x more than what the BL/Serie A clubs were willing to pay last year

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
BVB, S04, Hoppenheim and Stuttgart are rumored to be sniffing around Ziyech. Don't see the fit with Schalke, but BVB, TSG and VFB could all use him.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Dortmund were pursuing a deal for Yarmolenko but it appears to have fallen apart. Too bad. He would have been a huge addition. They're also reportedly observing Ziyech as mentioned above, and have been more strongly linked in Germany with Yunus Malli from Mainz, who in my opinion would probably turn out to be an improvement over Januzaj and Hofmann. Mainz apparently want 13M.

Wolfsburg have been heavily linked with Breel Embolo from Basel. He has the potential to be far better than any of the strikers they've had recently (Kruse doesn't count). He supposedly won't leave in the winter, though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ziyech is a peach of a player. Really physically weak, but incredibly talented with great vision and work ethic.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why shouldn't Kruse count; he's the ideal modern german striker? Regardless, if they did pull off Embolo, Didavi & Sule for next season; with Kolasinac lined up to replace RR whenever that day comes; VFL could really secure themselves as a CL team with a really fun squad that would have the talent to hang with an Ancelotti coached Bayern and y'alls.

RE BVB; isn't the report going around 13M+Ramos for Malli? He'd be a good get at that price and has a lot of Miki in his game; but I'm still hoping you guys can make Yarmolenko happen and nab Ziyech to push Shinji at the 10. Shame Zivkovic's attitude turned you guys off so.

...if not y'all, I'd enjoy watching Ziyech join Volland, Ochs, Amiri, Kramaric, Schmid, and Vargas, with Hoppenheim. That could be a fun set of attacking talents.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Why shouldn't Kruse count; he's the ideal modern german striker? Regardless, if they did pull off Embolo, Didavi & Sule for next season; with Kolasinac lined up to replace RR whenever that day comes; VFL could be a really fun team to watch that can hang with an Ancelotti coached Bayern and y'all.

On BVB; isn't the report going around 13M+Ramos for Malli? He'd be good, but I'm still hoping you guys can make Yarmolenko happen and nab Ziyech to push Shinji at the 10.

...if not y'all, I'd enjoy watching Ziyech join Volland, Ochs, Amiri, Kramaric, Schmid, and Vargas, with Hoppenheim. That could be a fun set of attacking talents.

I was under the impression that Kruse usually played more as a creative midfielder than a striker at Wolfsburg. When I watched them he was. Anyway, he and Embolo are very different kinds of players and could complement each other well.

There are different reports regarding Malli. Ramos+13M is too much, even if Ramos wants to leave. It's possible the inflated winter price will scare Zorc away from Malli like it did from Yarmolenko. Maybe they're waiting to see if Pulisic can already step in as a backup player. He certainly looks really good in friendlies. The question is whether he is ready to handle the physical intensity of a competitive senior match. They need to make at least one signing this window I think.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I was under the impression that Kruse usually played more as a creative midfielder than a striker at Wolfsburg. When I watched them he was. Anyway, he and Embolo are very different kinds of players and could complement each other well.

There are different reports regarding Malli. Ramos+13M is too much, even if Ramos wants to leave. It's possible the inflated winter price will scare Zorc away from Malli like it did from Yarmolenko. Maybe they're waiting to see if Pulisic can already step in as a backup player. He certainly looks really good in friendlies. The question is whether he is ready to handle the physical intensity of a competitive senior match. They need to make at least one signing this window I think.

He did when they played Dost, it's more fluid now; but he's still doing exactly what he did with Gladbach, where he was called a striker...and what he should be doing for the NT if Jogi weren't Jogi...but yes Embolo would be more of a threat to Schurrle's PT than Kruse's. As Max is such a smart and cultured forward that he serves a different role in their attacks than do the more physical/direct Schurrle & Embolo. Would love to see Favre take over that team whenever Hecking is replaced.

I wish Zorc had more ambition. Even if Pulisic is ready to step in, you should buy Yarmolenko and Ziyech both...unless the Gotze rumors have any actual merit and you're saving money for that one...and even then Ramos+13M for Malli is a reasonable offer for a Miki-clone in the winter market who'd leave you with money and room for Mario. Yarmolenko could provide cover for Auba, like Reus; and Ziyech would give you someone who can play the 10 when Shinji's off or needs a rest. With those two buys I'd trust your depth to win silverware this season; but as is things are very thin in the attack, even if Pulisic is ready.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
He did when they played Dost, it's more fluid now; but he's still doing exactly what he did with Gladbach, where he was called a striker...and what he should be doing for the NT if Jogi weren't Jogi...but yes Embolo would be more of a threat to Schurrle's PT than Kruse's. As Max is such a smart and cultured forward that he serves a different role in their attacks than do the more physical/direct Schurrle & Embolo. Would love to see Favre take over that team whenever Hecking is replaced.

I wish Zorc had more ambition. Even if Pulisic is ready to step in, you should buy Yarmolenko and Ziyech both...unless the Gotze rumors have any actual merit and you're saving money for that one...and even then Ramos+13M for Malli is a reasonable offer for a Miki-clone in the winter market who'd leave you with money and room for Mario. Yarmolenko could provide cover for Auba, like Reus; and Ziyech would give you someone who can play the 10 when Shinji's off or needs a rest. With those two buys I'd trust your depth to win silverware this season; but as is things are very thin in the attack, even if Pulisic is ready.

The Yarmolenko thing really came as a surprise. They haven't usually made big signings or big sales in the winter. Kampl last year was the exception, and his price was more in the range of what Mainz want for Malli than Yarmolenko. The story last week was that they didn't just want a replacement for Januzaj or Hofmann but a finished product and long-term upgrade on them. Not sure why Yarmolenko renewed his contract when Dynamo allegedly screwed him over last summer after promising they'd allow him to leave, especially when he and his agent could have pocketed more money for themselves if he left on a free transfer this upcoming summer. He was always a bit of a long shot this window, though. Zorc knows the budget better than us, and we just have to trust that his and Watzke's thrift is necessary for the continued growth of the club.

It's not just the price, it's that they would then be stuck looking for a Ramos replacement too. If you trust Bild's report, Dortmund have reached an agreement with Malli and just have to settle on a price with Mainz, which is good in my eyes. I would be very happy with Malli (and possibly Pulisic) replacing Hofmann and Januzaj. The issue in the first half was precisely that those two were not able to reproduce Mkhi's role at all, and Malli is indeed better suited for that, as you said.

I (in an overwhelming minority) would welcome Götze back without bitterness if either his contract or the transfer fee were discounted, but I haven't read anything about it, and it's still the longest of long shots.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Belgian press have also linked Ziyech to Anderlecht, but that seems like a stretch at this point :laugh:

Also, Real Madrid heavily linked to 18-year old Uruguay midfielder Rodrigo Betancur from Boca Juniors. He's a nice little player, seen him a couple of times when I watched Boca this past season, but it seems really early for him to make a move like that. He isn't even starting for Boca.

yoplait

May 4, 2011
Jiangsu single handingly funding Serie A right now. Bought Luiz Adriano for 15m, have an agreement with Inter for Guarin for 15-18m (so happy about this) and are now going to try to get Gervinho for roughly the same amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad