Post-Game Talk: Winnipeg @ Washington | 1/18/22 | 7:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
NBCSW absolutely sucks showing replays. So terrible. Production really sucks these days

Yeah its annoying especially if there is an exciting play right before a tv break and then show a replay that surprises both JB and Locker from some earlier player and then we have to wait to after the tv break to get the replay. Maybe it would be good to know how much time the producer needs to capture and queue a replay.

It happened too fast, no way Orlov planned this.

Personally felt like that was a penalty missed but the officiating annoyed both teams from start to finish on what was called and what was not, imho.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
Am I the only worried Backstrom’s career my be over?

I know he missed training camp and just came back from his long hiatus, but man is he playing like poop right now. I honestly think he's playing at a lower level than Dowd and Eller right now.
He's always been slow and not super physical (other than the odd reverse-check with his butt), but at least he always had his hands and passing. But even those have been lackluster.
Just gotta hope he's still shaking off the rust and will regain his form before playoffs start. It seems like he's playing too cautious right now, he needs to regain some confidence.

Reactions: tycoonheart

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I know he missed training camp and just came back from his long hiatus, but man is he playing like poop right now. I honestly think he's playing at a lower level than Dowd and Eller right now.
He's always been slow and not super physical (other than the odd reverse-check with his butt), but at least he always had his hands and passing. But even those have been lackluster.
Just gotta hope he's still shaking off the rust and will regain his form before playoffs start. It seems like he's playing too cautious right now, he needs to regain some confidence.
Did we watch the same game? I thought it was one of his better games this season. I know its a small sample size but he had a few really nice passes.

Reactions: caps4cup

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Did we watch the same game? I thought it was one of his better games this season. I know its a small sample size but he had a few really nice passes.
His advanced stats have all been very good in an admittedly short sample size. I agree that he’s looked slower and rusty with his hands at times, but he’s been driving play so far. I’ll start to worry if that aspect slips and he still looks off.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Lavi as a coach has some glaring issues. He keeps playing Hathaway, Dowd and Hags as if they're the same line/players from last year. They're not as good this year, and haven't been since the season started. Their cycle game was amazing last year. Its been non-existent this year. Dude is stubborn as **** regarding this, and its annoying to watch.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Fehervary, Cholo, Irwin
Indeed, although especially if Carlson isn’t back, I wouldn't be shocked if in practice TVR is back on the left getting a lot of Orlov’s minutes.

Fever-Jensen
TVR-Schultz
Cholo-Irwin

Do we know when Carly is eligible to return? When was the last time the Caps played a regular season or playoff game without either Carlson or Orlov?

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Indeed, although especially if Carlson isn’t back, I wouldn't be shocked if in practice TVR is back on the left getting a lot of Orlov’s minutes.

Fever-Jensen
TVR-Schultz
Cholo-Irwin

Do we know when Carly is eligible to return? When was the last time the Caps played a regular season or playoff game without either Carlson or Orlov?
That unit is a hot mess.

Reactions: HecticGlow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad