Winnipeg media: asleep at the job

White Out 403*

So with Pavelec not being bought out (hes not on waivers so its impossible to do) I want to discuss who's to blame. I think by now everyone is on board with what I've been saying since day one of my existence on HF and since year 1 of the Jets back in Winnipeg: Pavelec is a problem.

Kevin Cheveldayoff: He's the architect of this disaster. He signed a guy to a fairly decent contract, but failed to do his due diligence. Pavs was convicted of a crime that summer in Europe and no one in our organization knew.

More damning, however, is that now with all this data painting a very obvious picture for all to see, he is sticking to his guns.

Ondrej himself: I'm not going to blame a guy for not being good enough to be an NHL calibre goaltender. He is what he is. I can blame him for his piss poor behaviour. Concealing his criminal record in Europe while negotiating a new long term deal. being unfit and unwilling to learn and adapt. but again how much can be blamed on him: if he isn't good enough he isn't good enough.

Winnipeg media: The biggest cowards in all media. Lawless in particular. This guy is such a clown.He does nothing but powdery fluff pieces on the Jets with no teeth. He actually just a few months ago wrote an article with the scathing question "if indeed goaltending is the main problem for the Jets". What? are you serious? He actually trotted out that embarrassing piece of garbage article to try and show he tough he was on TNSE.

So here we are... and I blame the Winnipeg Media for not doing their jobs. The Winnipeg media in print and online and tv is a joke. They're all basically answering not to the readers and fans of Winnipeg, but to TNSE. They're so star struck by having the pros back in Winnipeg they wouldn't dare ruffle any feathers. Lawless really is the captain of this garbage dump of a field. Ed Tait is no better.

I'm not asking for our media to run a player out of town, I'm asking for them to have the balls to ask our GM why he's anointing the worst goaltender for 3 years running as our starter. Or how about why he's hell bent on Pavelec being the #1 when Hutch has more grooming in the AHL, better AHL numbers, and better NHL numbers than Pavs. Or how about asking why a small market team wouldn't want to save 1/3rd the salary of a contract for a player who's better off not showing up?

There's no words to describe my utter contempt for our useless media, sitting and purring on the laps of true north like trained little house cats. It's embarrassing. I deserve better. YOU deserve better. WINNIPEG deserves better. We pay out the nose to enjoy our Jets (yes, our Jets. Not Chipmans or TNSE) and we deserve to have the tough questions asked.

Shame on the Sun, Free Press, and every trained house cat who thinks they're a journalist in this city. You should all resign in embarrassment and go work for McDonalds.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
To blame Pavelec for not being %110 committed to his craft is absolutely valid.....I think you are grasping at some straws with other points you made imho

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Resurrection, Lawless and the rest of the mainstream media does not instruct the Jets on how to handle their affairs.

Personally, I would have liked to seen Pavs bought out because he has sucked for some time. But to blame the MSM is ludicrous in my opinion.

Blame the Jets management if you want to blame anyone....

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Seems to me all Lawless can do is wrong in many peoples eyes. First he was a know nothing attack dog & now he's a lap dog for True North. The guy can't win.

I'd bet one of the major reasons The Free Press began limiting posting on articles to their "subscribers only" was due to the constant negativity to pretty much anything he wrote.

In my eyes this was a good thing. It drove people away from conventional media and towards HFBoards. Anything written in either the Sun or Free Press is discussed here in far greater depth 12-36 hours prior to anything either paper writes.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
It drives me nuts nobody has asked Chevy how he views Buff. Maurice says he's a Forward. Buff says he's a d-man. Unless I've missed it, nobody has asked Chevy.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
If Chevy bought out Pavelec only because the MSM was questioning him on it, then it would make him even a worse GM. I don't want to see this franchise being run by the media.

I'm not happy about the Pavelec buyout, but lay the blame squarely on those responsible (Management).

White Out 403*

If Chevy bought out Pavelec only because the MSM was questioning him on it, then it would make him even a worse GM. I don't want to see this franchise being run by the media.

I'm not happy about the Pavelec buyout, but lay the blame squarely on those responsible (Management).

I agree. And it's the medias job to be our voice. Instead their being complacent little kittens

White Out 403*

Def not their job to be our voice... I don't know where you came up with that.

What do you think the media is there for? It's to give us access where we don't have it. Ask questions we can't and inform us.

Not to be a mouth piece for those in power.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad