Winnipeg Jets select G Mikhail Berdin (6/157)

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
images_Mikhail_Berdin_Winnieg_Jets_prospect_Russian_netminder.jpg

Some scouts are saying that Mikhail Berdin is the best goaltending prospect that the Jets have. The Jets have a strong crop of goaltenders in their system, so when scouts say he is the cream of the crop, that is a strong compliment. He is the youngest of the group, being only 18, and is now playing in the USHL after deciding to pursue a career in North America rather than in his homeland of Russia. He put in a strong performance at the World Junior Championship in 2015, leading Russia to a silver medal. He is a promising young goaltender and he will most definitely be in Winnipegs future plans.

https://realsport101.com/news/sports/nhl/how-bright-is-the-future-between-the-pipes-of-the-winnipeg-jets/

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Q & A with Mikhail Berdin:

Highlights:

THW: After the season with Team Russia U18 you moved overseas. How did it all happen?

MB: I started the season with Severstal, but I wasnt given a chance to play in the KHL, therefore I decided to continue my career in North America. I have to thank the staff as they allowed me to go.

THW: Was it your initiative?

MB: Yes, of course, its my life and I need to decide myself.

THW: How did you find your team, the Sioux Fall Stampede of the USHL?

MB: It was Winnipegs decision. There are very good conditions here, and its not far from Winnipeg.

[mod]

source: http://thehockeywriters.com/behind-the-mask-with-mikhail-berdin/

Last edited by a moderator:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Have to think he takes Comrie's spot on the Moose when Comrie moves to backing up Helly on the Jets, and probably takes Hutch's spot next season, backing up Comrie

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I'm kinda half-remembering Chevy saying that he'd go back to the USHL for another year... don't take my word for it though, it's a hazy memory at best

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
He was at the main NHL training camp last year. That would make him ineligible to play in the N.C.A.A

He should play in the E.CHL if he is good enough to get regular playing time.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
One thing I do like is we finally have a guy in the system that is a great puck handler. That is a very underrated skill IMO.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Nope, top 3, he is hilarious! He does a Vince McMahon’s walk at the end that kills me!

And huge props on the goal!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad