Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread (Part XV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
@ps241: two 22yr old centres, and a 21yr old centre - that's quite the bet on the future, if it works out. 2-3 years out, they could be quite the force down the middle if they continue to progress.

So Little is the decrepit vet then? :laugh: ;) If the worst thing that happens is that Little slides down the line up, I think that means great things for our depth.

Lots of if's 'n buts, but...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
@ps241: two 22yr old centres, and a 21yr old centre - that's quite the bet on the future, if it works out. 2-3 years out, they could be quite the force down the middle if they continue to progress.

So Little is the decrepit vet then? :laugh: ;) If the worst thing that happens is that Little slides down the line up, I think that means great things for our depth.

Lots of if's 'n buts, but...

Yea combine that with having some great goalies in the pipeline and some solid D and we should be in very good shape as this group begins to enter their primes. What I like most about the group of young centres is they are all very mature, very smart, and they all have decent size. It should provide some challenges for other teams.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I really think the Jets prospects will climb rankings in Top 50 lists in the near future. Ehlers is already high but Petan and Helly should climb lists substantially. I really like our prospect pool but it seems media members like it even more as they talk about it everywhere which makes me feel less like a homer!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Apparently Kostalek did some stuff today.

@NHLJets: #NHLJets prospect @JKostalek gets three points, including the OT winner in @oceanicrimouski's 5-4 win in Game 6 vs Quebec! Game 7 tomorrow!

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Saw the highlights on Sportsnet, Flop Fucale was just that, Kostalek's OT winner was a quick one timer towards the net that looks like Erne tipped into his own net.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Don't know where to put this but just watching the Terriers play and enjoying the hockey. I noticed that the Peniticton Vees have 16 NCAA Div 1 commitments on their team. BCHL is nuts, 120 players going on to college. I think the MJHL as a whole has maybe 5 players going to Div 1. Its seems as though a lot tweeners try the WHL for a year or two and are part timers and then decide to come back to the MJ, Portage has many players like that, Peel, Boyd, Pochuk etc. Its too bad these kids don't have direction from anyone to try to pursue NCAA right off the bat as the above mentioned players could play College but are now ineligible, more parents need to guide their kids to take the Zajac route, all four stuck with Jr A and played NCAA.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Absolutely hilarious that Zykov is on the list and neither Petan nor Hellebuyck made the list.

There is no rational reason to have Subban ranked ahead of Hellebuyck among goalies.

That was the one that most caught my eye, as well. I don't think he'll have a career in the NHL at all.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Kostalek is playing himself into the first spots of our own prospect pool. He basically score two game winners :laugh:

'edit'

Garret, how far is he from Morrissey right now?

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Kostalek is playing himself into the first spots of our own prospect pool. He basically score two game winners :laugh:

'edit'

Garret, how far is he from Morrissey right now?

About 4961 KMs, as the crow flies. ;)

Kostalek looked great in those highlights - very exciting to see him doing as well as he has been this last year. :nod:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

:handclap::handclap:

Really cool of you did this Hammer!!

I use to always think how good a pair Trouba and Morrissey would make but I am starting to have visions of a Morrissey Kostalek tandem and how great that fit would be stylistically:cheers:! Jan is a very complete looking player, smooth, calm, aggressive, great reads, moves the puck quickly and accurately, seems to have zero trouble shooting.

Mostly when I look at Kostalek everything screams pro style game. I just don't see any holes in his game? Some of his skills remind me of Ollie Maatta.

Can't wait for him to turn pro and see how he handles the next level.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Kostalek is behind Morrissey currently by quite a bit. A lot of their scoring change has come from Kostalek moving from 2nd ES and PP units to first and the opposite for Morrissey as Kelowna likes to spread out the talent and only put Morrissey with Bowey if they are in desperation.

That said, it's nice to see Kostalek start to get some real notice. I remember when it was mostly Holden and I on team Kostalek.

His game seems very pro like because he's already been a pro player. He played in the Cze pro league at 16 in his draft-1 season. That's a big deal and the Cze league --while no SHL-- is one of the better Euro leagues.

Guys who have played pro when younger tend to excel even if they don't score well in pro.
*cough cough* Kylington and Andersson *cough cough*

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Kostalek is behind Morrissey currently by quite a bit. A lot of their scoring change has come from Kostalek moving from 2nd ES and PP units to first and the opposite for Morrissey as Kelowna likes to spread out the talent and only put Morrissey with Bowey if they are in desperation.

That said, it's nice to see Kostalek start to get some real notice. I remember when it was mostly Holden and I on team Kostalek.

His game seems very pro like because he's already been a pro player. He played in the Cze pro league at 16 in his draft-1 season. That's a big deal and the Cze league --while no SHL-- is one of the better Euro leagues.

Guys who have played pro when younger tend to excel even if they don't score well in pro.

The only time I've seen Kostalek play before this years QMJHL playoffs was two games at the WJHC AFAIR. I always believed you guys but never saw it with my own eyes.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014

people we can pick up with our picks too ;)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
It's really hard figuring out what channel broadcasts the games when they insist on having French websites. But I think the game is on TVA Sports 2 tonight.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I looked for like an hour and a half, but I couldn't find a stream to the game. How is Kostalek looking, and why does Quebec have 24 shots while Rimouski only have 7?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Rimouski getting outshot 37-19, score is 1-1 heading into OT.

I'm still not watching the game, but this play-by-play on the Q website sure is riveting.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
At least the schedule makers at the Memorial Cup had the foresight to have these two teams play on the last day of the round robin. They must be sick of each other by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad