Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Knowing Renegade Stylings, I am 99.99% sure he means on the move INSIDE the WHL. Lowry is headed pro next year, won't be him. A whole lot of players get moved before their overage season, so I would not at all be surprised if it's Sutter's rights getting traded from Saskatoon in case he doesn't head pro.

:laugh: I panicked for nothing. My brain was mush near the end of the day. Well let's see what he can do as a Rebel!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'll definitely be following him more closely now that he's on my favourite CHL team. The Sutters and the Rebels have a long history, this can only help him, I would think.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I wonder if this is confirmation that Sutter is staying in the W.

I don't think so. I imagine Sutter will get a chance in IceCaps camp to make the team, Red Deer is probably thinking he won't make it.

yes please,

I need more reasons to go to mile one!

Sutter? Really? He is looking like a 3rd/4th line grinder in AHL right now, nothing to be excited about at all, IMO.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Troy Gillard (@Troy_Gillard) tweeted at 10:49 PM on Thu, Jun 13, 2013:
Should note re: Lukas Sutter trade to Rebels... the draft picks involved are conditional pending Sutter's NHL status (con't.) #Rebelshockey
(https://twitter.com/Troy_Gillard/status/345387393085485057)

Troy Gillard (@Troy_Gillard) tweeted at 10:50 PM on Thu, Jun 13, 2013:
(2/2) The 3rd round pick goes to the Blades if Sutter is returned by Wpg. The Blades either get Pochuk or the 7th, not both #Rebelshockey
(https://twitter.com/Troy_Gillard/status/345387781792604160)

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Well he goes to a Sutter-operated organization anyway, with Brent Sutter being the Owner/GM/Head Coach of Red Deer.

Hopefully he works hard over the summer and finds a role in the AHL this year. Likely not, but you never know. A year ago some figured this would have likely been his last year in Junior. He had a really poor season offensively so we'll see what he does this fall.

Would be great if things worked out and Sutter was an 'Andrew Shaw' type forward/agitator for us. That is where my hopes are at this point.

Last edited:

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Well he stays in a Sutter-operated organization anyway, with Brent Sutter being the Owner/GM/Head Coach of Red Deer.

Hopefully he works hard over the summer and finds a role in the AHL this year. Likely not, but you never know. A year ago some figured this would have likely been his last year in Junior. He had a really poor season offensively so we'll see what he does this fall.

Would be great if things worked out and Sutter was an 'Andrew Shaw' type forward/agitator for us. That is where my hopes are at this point.

Perhaps working with a Sutter will allow Sutter re-instill the Sutter work ethic in the young Sutter.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Perhaps working with a Sutter will allow Sutter re-instill the Sutter work ethic in the young Sutter.

That's true. Maybe a year being coached by Brent would be good for him. Maybe it brings him back to the Sutter grass-roots. I'd love a pesky, agitator type on our team. A guy who other teams just hate to play against because he's just so damn pesky, physical, gets under your skin. Really hoping Lukas can be that type of player for us. Shaw, Lapierre, Prust, etc. I love those type of players and to have one in our bottom 6 sure would be nice. It is a role that really take embracing, however, but I think Lukas carries a lot of the traits and tools needed. I have very high hopes Sutter becomes that type of player for us. I don't see why he can't, but we'll see.

Last edited:

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
That's true. Maybe a year being coached by Brent would be good for him. Maybe it brings him back to the Sutter grass-roots. I'd love a pesky, agitator type on our team. A guy who other teams just hate to play against because he's just so damn pesky, physical, gets under your skin. Really hoping Lukas can be that type of player for us. Shaw, Lapierre, Prust, etc. I love those type of players and to have one in our bottom 6 sure would be nice. It is a role that really take embracing, however, but I think Lukas carries a lot of the traits and tools needed. I have very high hopes Sutter becomes that type of player for us. I don't see why he can't, but we'll see.

I was 100% joking, but I do hope he can become a bottom 6 agitator type.

oNLy1cube

Sep 12, 2011
Can someone give me a bit more info on Eric O'dell. Do you guys see him challenging for a spot next year? What do people here realistically project him becoming in the coming years in terms of potential (Top 6, Bottom 6 player).

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Can someone give me a bit more info on Eric O'dell. Do you guys see him challenging for a spot next year? What do people here realistically project him becoming in the coming years in terms of potential (Top 6, Bottom 6 player).

He'll get a good long look in camp, specially since he's not free of waiver wire.
He has had scoring touch in goth CHL and AHL so it will be interesting to see where he tops out but I think 3rd line goal scoring C or RW. I find him more of a natural winger than C IMO, but others may differ.

mustam10

Jun 18, 2011
Looking on scheifs instagram. Looks like he and troubs are training with roberts?
Melchiori and sutters also.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Lukas Sutter is training with Gary Roberts? Excellent! Whether people think the program is overrated or not, this can't hurt Lukas. Nice to see Trouba there too.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
While the training and diet is good, don't overlook the team building aspect of this.

mustam10

Jun 18, 2011
I know melchiori is there aswell as sutter and scheif. Not sure about trouba but i assume he is aswell considering the´re all together eating their special food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad