Winnipeg Jets' new recovery method gives team competitive advantage,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
And I was wondering "Huh? Sounds like the fancy fitness stuff our football team does since 5-10 years."

Well, it worked for us. We're pretty much always the fittest team during World Cups or Euros since.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Must be an April's fools joke. Competitive advantage from 99 points last year to bottom feeder. Yeah, that's really workin' well there folks! LOL

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The bigger question I have is what competitive advantage they hope to gain from this. Anthony Peluso with optimal hormonal levels is still Anthony Peluso. Pro sports teams gain the greatest competitive advantage with management/hockey ops that understand player value better than other teams.

Don't know that it's pseudo-science, or at least I don't think you can tell it is from the articles. It's not like they're measuring biorhythyms or other quack stuff like that; cortisol and testosterone are real hormones that produce real physiological effects.

I think you and I are basically saying the same thing.

Yea, this is basically what I was getting at, this kinda stuff might have very minor (still questionable) value on the periphery once you have a fully optimized roster. Getting to a fully optimized roster seems like a better investment to me than this

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Much like the "draft and develop" mantra, this stuff is priority for everybody. Everybody is doing slightly different versions of the same thing and to think otherwise is laughable.

The proof is in the pudding, and currently the pudding tastes like ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad