Winnipeg Jets History

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
I don't know where else to stick this, but, as I've talked about before a bit here I'm currently trying to move the family to Cape Breton where my wife is from. Turns out that Ondrej Pavelec billeted with my wifes Aunt and Uncle, the Broussards. Which is f***ing hilarious considering how much I despise him and the damage that piece of shit to our team as starting goaltender for so many years.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I don't know where else to stick this, but, as I've talked about before a bit here I'm currently trying to move the family to Cape Breton where my wife is from. Turns out that Ondrej Pavelec billeted with my wifes Aunt and Uncle, the Broussards. Which is f***ing hilarious considering how much I despise him and the damage that piece of shit to our team as starting goaltender for so many years.
I thought you left... again?

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I know where you can stick this, but if I told you then I may get banned!

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
Didn’t see this anywhere. Felt it should be posted. Mods please move if needed.

RIP

It's funny about Bautin. So many hated that pick - myself included - seeing how he was already 25 years old, that he was drafted 17th overall, and is generally considered the worst pick during Mike Smith's run as GM. On the other hand, the Jets probably drafted anywhere from 3rd to 5th best in the entire NHL, over the length of Mike Smith's run as GM with the Jets; from '88 to '94 (it's probably parts of '88 but he was supposedly in everyone's ear about Selanne) .

The Red Wings unquestionably drafted the best during that same period - has a team ever drafted better historically over the same amount of time - and having said that, they wound up getting Bautin (with Essensa) in '94. Makes you wonder if both Smith and the Red Wings brass were high on him in '92 - and Smith knew about their interest (they had the 22nd pick) - which is why he wound up taking him so early in the '92 Draft.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I literally have no idea wtf you're talking about. I'm ride or die. Just because I don't lick the boots of ownership maybe you're confused?
You could be right, I may have you confused with another angry poster. My apologies if so.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Three players who wore the number 99 in the NHL.

FmSXhzaXkAw_xdZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad