Rumor: Winnipeg Jets are one of three teams in the running for Antti Raanta

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Interesting...there's our competition to push Pavelec and possibly overtake him.

.940+ save % in the playoffs is nothing to sneeze at. Especially given how many Finnish goalies have come out of nowhere to be stars te last ten years or so.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Excellent!!! Hopefully we can nab him, looks like management may not be as sold on Pavs as they let on.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Signing Raanta is the only excuse fo rnot signing Yuen. Its not even an excuse but it softens the blow.

I hope we get him, i mean c'mon, we love finns!

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Would be a nice guy to bring in along with a more proven backup to see if he can win a spot outta camp a la Fasth this past season.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Two key things on this

First and foremost we could land this guy and he was on allot of our wish lists on this board and appears to be a great addition. Secondly and more importantly (as surixon and garret have hinted at) despite what Chevy and Co say about Pavs publically, and even if they feel like he has a bright future, they are out shopping for more than a back up grade goaltender.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
So from what I take it, this is a Finnish goalie who posted excellent stats in the SM-Ligga?

I hope we snag him!

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
A 24-year old goaltender with some nice potential? sign me up. This would be a great thing to push Pavelec.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
tumblr_lwp740cXoh1r6ycrio1_500.gif

This just made my day. Please oh please come to Winnipeg.

Fin9*

Actually Raantas playoff stats were:

16 GP 1.33 GAA 95.5 %

Regularseason:

45 GP 1.85 GAA 94.3 %

Looked solid in the WCs, posted 2.09 and 92.8 % in 7 games.

I think he has the ultimate Boom potential, but maybe thats just me.
Hes still pretty young too for a goalie, 24.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Excellent!!! Hopefully we can nab him, looks like management may not be as sold on Pavs as they let on.

It's an encouraging sign.

But also, the only goalies currently under contract are Pavelec and Olkinuora (Pasquale's an RFA).

Fin9*

Also won the Playoff MVP trophy, ´Sm-liiga Vezina, and Hart´ Trophys.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I hope we can get him. His stats are crazy stellar. I am not sure what it would take to acquire him. Oilers are very appealing with all that young talent.

I'd like my chances of taking minutes from Pavelec better than my chances of taking minutes from Dubnyk.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I hope we can land him. This is exactly what we need, someone to give a very legitimate push to Pavelec's starting job.

It's also interesting that all three teams vying for his services are all located fairly close to one another geographically.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Aside from money, I wonder what his deciding factors would be. Not location, because there are better locations than these three. Not an immediate Stanley Cup. Probably an ability to be a starter.

Looks like Winnipeg to me!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I hope we can get him. His stats are crazy stellar. I am not sure what it would take to acquire him. Oilers are very appealing with all that young talent.

I imagine everyone is offering the same $'s. It's interesting, Edmonton has been in the sewer the last x years and are furthest from a playoff spot, they also have statistically speaking the best goalie of the 3 who is also young so they may not be that desirable from his perspective.

WPG: Young team that is close to a PO spot has a young goalie signed long-term. But said young goalie is amongst the worst starters in the league statistically which leaves the door open to earn playing time.

I have no idea what Minnesota's situation is though, but I'd rank us clearly ahead of Edmonton if I were looking at it from a Playing time/org success stand point.

jetsfan101

May 10, 2013
Aside from money, I wonder what his deciding factors would be. Not location, because there are better locations than these three. Not an immediate Stanley Cup. Probably an ability to be a starter.

Looks like Winnipeg to me!

I don't know, Minnesota's goaltending situation doesn't look great to me. All they have is Harding right now, and I highly doubt he's a 60+ start guy going forward. That destination should look great to this kid. Seems like a guaranteed 30-40 starts.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00