GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ Anaheim Ducks - Honda Centre Jan 3 8:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Probably won't know for sure until warmup line rushes but I think this is how Maurice will go

Stafford Little Wheeler
Ladd Lowry Burmistrov
Perreault Scheifele Ehlers
Thorburn Copp Armia

Agree. The only slight change would be to put Thorbs on RW and Armia on LW on the 4th line. Armia is more skilled / effective on the LW than Thorbs.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Why not waive Tony P? Halischuck has played well in his stint with the Jets, doesn't seem particularly nice to reward that with a ticket to the Moose

Why subject a player to waivers when you don't have to? It's obvious Hali was not going to play tonight anyway.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Didn't Halischuk make that Armia goal happen last night? And to me that was the turning point, although the Sharks really did suck. Hustlechuk should stay. He's not going to make the 2pm start.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Agree. The only slight change would be to put Thorbs on RW and Armia on LW on the 4th line. Armia is more skilled / effective on the LW than Thorbs.

I could see Maurice trusting Thorburn more on his offwing than Armia, but either way.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I hope the Jets teach Kesler a lesson if he tries something. I know they were trying to keep their cool to avoid penalties when the Sharks were taking liberties but that can't happen with Kesler

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'm going to the game tonight, really hope PSE get back together
If Scheif is back tonight, he must have had a really minor concussion - hopefully no long term effects

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I hope the Jets teach Kesler a lesson if he tries something. I know they were trying to keep their cool to avoid penalties when the Sharks were taking liberties but that can't happen with Kesler

and this is my worry for tonight.
Kesler's such a POS that he'll probably go after Scheifele

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I really don't want to be the team that gets the Ducks rolling :laugh:

Last thing I want to see is Getzlaf and Perry to have 3 point games. Lets hope we can roll over them and the boys have a little bit extra to give on the b2b thinking back to that sweep

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
If Scheif is back tonight, he must have had a really minor concussion - hopefully no long term effects

Hopefully he is for sure 100% and not even slightly rushed back... After Little's 30 seconds in the quiet room last night, hopefully the NHL is still strictly enforcing proper protocol regarding concussions

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Thanks Matty H for good service to the club in your brief stint.

Was very happy with his work ethic. Always know what you will get for him.

On another note, this may be biased and I was not complaining after we took advantage of a couple teams recently. But I really believe teams on b2b should be playing another team on b2b. Its so tough for an NHL player who plays 18-20+ minutes a game to play a back to back with travelling in between. I think for a guy like Ehlers it is definitely easier then for a guy like Buff or Ladd for sure. Age/ physical play contribute.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Hopefully he is for sure 100% and not even slightly rushed back... After Little's 30 seconds in the quiet room last night, hopefully the NHL is still strictly enforcing proper protocol regarding concussions

Apparently he had a conditioning skate yesterday with contact (probably Peluso hitting him) then he was checked out this morning. Maurice said if he wasn't 100% he would not be activated.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Was very happy with his work ethic. Always know what you will get for him.

On another note, this may be biased and I was not complaining after we took advantage of a couple teams recently. But I really believe teams on b2b should be playing another team on b2b. Its so tough for an NHL player who plays 18-20+ minutes a game to play a back to back with travelling in between. I think for a guy like Ehlers it is definitely easier then for a guy like Buff or Ladd for sure. Age/ physical play contribute.

Do you hear that???

*smash!*

*aaaaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhh*

That is the sound of the NHL schedule maker committing suicide :laugh::laugh:

Derfel*

Do you hear that???

*smash!*

*aaaaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhh*

Even worse? I don't think any back-to-back should include a divisional opponent. Ever.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

The ducks are so bad I wouldn't even be opposed to dressed Tony P. tonight just to make sure Kesler stays in line. Keslers problem is he's never had a good tuning up from a tough guy. His closest was maybe Iggy? and IIRC the refs stepped in when it looked like Iggy was going to start feeding him some solid shots.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Do you hear that???

*smash!*

*aaaaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhh*

With modern computation ability, you could farm out 10,000 processors in the cloud and find an optimal schedule within an hour.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I will one up that, no back-to-backs against teams in your own conference. Good luck schedule makers :laugh:

Easy..., 70 game schedule. Now just gotto convince the players to give back 15% of their pay

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Why can't all the teams play every second or third day?

Sometimes I wish... I would love if the league went to say 70 games (would never happen) getting rid of back-to-backs. Would limit some late season injuries, and having every star player playing hurt in the playoffs. And it would make games bigger and more important. And a little better to follow your team playing 2-3 games a week instead of 4. Just my pipe dream though.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Why can't all the teams play every second or third day?

Building availability. The Staples Center for instance house three major pro teams besides being one of the busiest concert venues in the world.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
With modern computation ability, you could farm out 10,000 processors in the cloud and find an optimal schedule within an hour.

haha there are simulation games that can pump out an entire seasons worth of scheduling for the NHL in minutes. Though they don't have to work with other sports and entertainment scheduling in the same buildings. But I think an algorithm could be developed that could work around all of that rather easily.
I miss the days of playing a 3 game series with a team like the MLB does. Where by the 3rd game it was just a bloodbath.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA

Hey, I will be there as well with 9 other expats from the Peg. We will be in section 436.

Glad to see 55 will be back, hoping for a complete game but will be tough since its the 2nd of the B2B.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad