Winnipeg is Good: Patrik Laine

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
He didn't call himself the worst player in the league!

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Not a word about his fellow Finn. That's kinda weird...

About his fellow Finns, Niku included. I don't find it weird at all. Only couple of guys are mentioned anyway.

Elsewhere he has said that he is following Niku very closely on Moose so practicing and playing Playstation is not everything he is doing.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
at first, i thought this was a parody article. then at the 75% mark, i realized "holy jeez, this is literally him dictating his thoughts to someome."

i've spend time with a retired nhl jet. he told me that your life is pretty much: practice, games, eating, trying to sleep at night, trying to catch up on sleep before a game. the ones that don't love the city they're in are the wives that they leave behind, bored, while on road trips. and you have to admit, if you're new to wpg and it's -25 C outside and dark for most of the day and your husband's left you with your kids while he's on a road trip, you could easily feel bummed out. but it looks like this version of the Jets has built a culture that didn't exist with the previous version. this is why guys like Little and Matty P resign (at a discount) and airbags like Vandy Kane ask for a trade out.

I'm from winnipeg. IN toronto, i tell people "winnipeg isn't for everyone." just like Toronto isn't for everyone. but seems like guys like Laine get it.
now someone please find his mom and make her a youtube star.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
at first, i thought this was a parody article. then at the 75% mark, i realized "holy jeez, this is literally him dictating his thoughts to someome."

i've spend time with a retired nhl jet. he told me that your life is pretty much: practice, games, eating, trying to sleep at night, trying to catch up on sleep before a game. the ones that don't love the city they're in are the wives that they leave behind, bored, while on road trips. and you have to admit, if you're new to wpg and it's -25 C outside and dark for most of the day and your husband's left you with your kids while he's on a road trip, you could easily feel bummed out. but it looks like this version of the Jets has built a culture that didn't exist with the previous version. this is why guys like Little and Matty P resign (at a discount) and airbags like Vandy Kane ask for a trade out.

I'm from winnipeg. IN toronto, i tell people "winnipeg isn't for everyone." just like Toronto isn't for everyone. but seems like guys like Laine get it.
now someone please find his mom and make her a youtube star.

Most of the stories about wives of Winnipeg Jets players are about how much they love it. How they all tend to live close together and spend a lot if time with each other. More so than in other NHL cities. The smaller city size has it's advantages that way.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Most of the stories about wives of Winnipeg Jets players are about how much they love it. How they all tend to live close together and spend a lot if time with each other. More so than in other NHL cities. The smaller city size has it's advantages that way.
back in the 90s, it wasn't as much of the case, if i remember correctly. my mom used to spend time with some of the wives. I remember Domi and Zhamnov's wives were the names she mentioned the most.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
GREAT article. I loved his comment, "Maybe I will get some new Amish fans … but they don’t have TVs, right? Maybe they can come to games? Come to Winnipeg, guys." :biglaugh:

Did he just basically ask Ovi to be Facebook friends? ;)

I remember Ovi asking Pate for his stick the first time they played against each other. That must have been a cool moment for him.
Are you sure you're not thinking of Patrick Kane? I recall him asking to trade sticks with Laine the first time they played each other.

Reactions: nhlpro

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
back in the 90s, it wasn't as much of the case, if i remember correctly. my mom used to spend time with some of the wives. I remember Domi and Zhamnov's wives were the names she mentioned the most.

I heard different stories.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
GREAT article. I loved his comment, "Maybe I will get some new Amish fans … but they don’t have TVs, right? Maybe they can come to games? Come to Winnipeg, guys." :biglaugh:

Are you sure you're not thinking of Patrick Kane? I recall him asking to trade sticks with Laine the first time they played each other.

Ovechkin is one of the NHL's biggest stick collectors. I'm not mistaken

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
So I think this article really tells who Pate is. He is a perfect fit for Winnipeg. As someone else mentioned Winnipeg is not for everyone because lots of folks don't get it. I needed to move away before I got it and now I miss it. People are much more entertaining and fun to hang with in Winnipeg.

Reactions: 4th Line Beast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad