Post-Game Talk: Winning streak over Jets lose 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You could be right. A strategy I would use as a coach is to keep Helle in for as many divisional games as possible. Give Bro the non Central matchups when possible.
In this situation we are playing another central team on Tuesday and the better of the 2 teams so i see why Bowness played Brossoit last night.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
LB's assignments should be the perceived weaker opponents whenever possible, Jets did that last night and I'm fine with that even though we lost. Now Helle can play against the Stars and Oilers and they can make a decision on who plays against the Hawks as we have the Canes and Avs after them.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Stuck it out to the end (though not in the GDT) and was pleasantly surprised.

Nashville not a bad team and has pretty stellar goaltending.

Bro settled down after 3 goals. Not good enough, but encouraging to see him pick up his play. He does need to own that loss though.

Liked the front half of the first and most of the third. Boys seemed tired early on. Kind of want to call it a trap game, but I don't think they'd take Nashville lightly. I think the intensity of the Florida game drained them a bit as it took a while to get their legs. They played well enough early in the first, but they didn't seem to be skating quite as well as they should have, some plays seemed like they gave up skating (noted it with the 1st line in particular but didn't want to gripe about it in the first). Good push back at the end, just not enough. Spotting a lead to Saros seems a bad idea.

On to the next. Finally will be at a game, haven't had one since September due to work travel. Looking forward to everything but the beer prices.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I was a little discouraged after the Jets went down by 3 but appreciated their effort in the 3rd period.

I haven't looked very closely at individual/line TOI over the course of this season but I hope that
now that Bowness is back, he doesn't rely too much on 55/81/9. I noticed that both 55 and 81 crept over the 20 minute mark yesterday.

Reactions: Inanna

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
I was a little discouraged after the Jets went down by 3 but appreciated their effort in the 3rd period.

I haven't looked very closely at individual/line TOI over the course of this season but I hope that
now that Bowness is back, he doesn't rely too much on 55/81/9. I noticed that both 55 and 81 crept over the 20 minute mark yesterday.

Lol yeah. Top line took a literal two minute shift to start the game and I was like welp that was fun while it lasted.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
First ten minutes good, last ten minutes good. The rest was surprisingly uninspired.

The game was about as close as the score indicates, it would have turned out differently had they gotten one in on that five-shot barrage in the first period, or had LB been a little more on his game. But alas. It will be quickly forgotten if the Jets can bounce back against the Stars.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I don't think AJF offers much to this lineup. I'd be in half a mind giving a few games to Chib and Lambo to get them some conditioning to the NHL speed. We may want/need them later in the year.

Reactions: GNP and WolfHouse

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
They are being relied on too much at 5 on 5, especially as they aren't outscoring their match ups. They need Gabe back. The Perfetti line should play more as they are outscoring.
I agree. I have this feeling (not a good one) that now that Bowness is back, the team isn't going to have an optimum use of the lines/personnel.

Reactions: NA Hockey

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I am not

I am not so sure since the Jets could not score on Sarros until late in the third plus they have to be able to overcome one bad goal.
I’d say the first 2 goals bro gave up were bad. They also killed all the momentum and gave preds momentum. You take away those 2 it’s a whole different game. Based on the first 17 minutes jets outplayed the preds I like our odds in that hypothetical game.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I’d say the first 2 goals bro gave up were bad. They also killed all the momentum and gave preds momentum. You take away those 2 it’s a whole different game. Based on the first 17 minutes jets outplayed the preds I like our odds in that hypothetical game.
I agree it changed the momentum but I still think this. Was a scheduled loss haha

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

It's been like that since kupari went down and AJF drew in

Also, chasing the game will result in that

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I think they got a few more minutes because we were down 3-0 , Bowness trying to get the offense going. Can't really fault him for that.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
The Belltower's resident Mansplainer is saying that we've taken 16 out of a possible 20 points in our last ten games and only two other teams in the league (LAK, NYR) have done better. That puts us in pretty exclusive company and puts me in a great mood for a Monday morning.

That plus the fact that I've been gifted an airline ticket to Vancouver for the Christmas break!

The best Monday I've had in months!

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Belltower's resident Mansplainer is saying that we've taken 16 out of a possible 20 points in our last ten games and only two other teams in the league (LAK, NYR) have done better. That puts us in pretty exclusive company and puts me in a great mood for a Monday morning.

That plus the fact that I've been gifted an airline ticket to Vancouver for the Christmas break!

The best Monday I've had in months!
I was going to say catch a Canucks Jets game but we don't play them until February. :laugh:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I don't think AJF offers much to this lineup. I'd be in half a mind giving a few games to Chib and Lambo to get them some conditioning to the NHL speed. We may want/need them later in the year.

Yeah not big about AJF here either, but wouldn't bring up Chibs/Lambert yet unless they are playing in the top 9. Jeff Mallot is a good option to call up for the 4th line role, not sure why he never gets a shot, he can't be worse than AJF/Toninato as an injury replacement 4th liner?

Reactions: Jets 31 and Atoyot

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
couldn't catch this one. but seems like what you'd kind of expect from a sunday night on a b2b.

Have to lose eventually. Would like to eventually see Bro steal one though. Saros was just too good.

look at that SV% each year

1701112388196.png

Reactions: MardyBum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes