Post-Game Talk: Winning streak over Jets lose 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I like the fact the Jets didn't cave and give up. Played well in the 3rd period, and came close to tying this game up. We took 2 of 3 on this road trip, so 6 of 8 points is pretty good. If they can beat Dallas, this coming up Tuesday, we'll be sitting in a pretty nice spot. Big game coming up vs Dallas. Hope we win that one.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Looking at the 6 in 5 segment, we have taken 16 of the last 20 points available. This loss to Nashville would have the last row read 4-1-0, so we are 8-2-0 combined in our last 2 6 in 5 segments. Not too shabby. Jesus, I hope this is right as I suck at math and seeing numbers.

Columns are home - away - total
Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 9.45.11 PM.png

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We are certainly getting scoring from up and down the lineup so far:

KC and Scheif on pace of above 90 points

JoMo and Perfetti pacing 78 and 70 points

Appelton pacing 60

Iafallo, Nino and Lowry pacing in the 50's

Name and Ehlers in the 40's

Could use a bit more scoring from our dmen though.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
LB had a bad goal but other than that wasn't too bad. I am more disappointed by the lack of pushback in the 2nd and most of the 3rd. I watch Leafs games and when they are down a goal or two they turn on the offense and generate a barrage of shots and chances, where was that tonight?

Not a great game for Lowry line, some uncharacteristic turnovers.

Jets need Vilardi back and on that top line line ASAP. 9 has done a decent job but they need that oomph. Still not sure why Pionk is out there for the EN situation, it should be a 5F 1D setup.

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
Back when we had Brossoit the first time I seem to recall talk on here about how he’s historically over his career had a good year, then a bad year, and alternated back and forth. Seems to be holding true.

Reactions: Jets and sipowicz

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Well, that didn't go as well as I thought it would. At least we has some pushback at the end to make it a game. I give the game three Office Space gifs out of five...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest has been posted for the game against the Dallas Stars, and sadly only one single point was awarded. Thanks @Mud Turtle for the great GDT today, Phyllis Diller as @Channelcat's mother is so appropriate! Don't forget to sign up to create a GDT, it's fun and it's free. The next game on Tuesday is available, as well as fifty others, so pledge your support today! See you guys on Tuesday and good night...

giphy.gif

ennsjd07

Feb 11, 2016
Kauai, Hawaii
I spent most of my game watching complaining about how we couldn’t get through the neutral zone cleanly. Our breakout passes were messy. Nearly every pass in the neutral zone turned into Nash possession. And then we WOULD get into nashvilles zone and immediately turn the puck over.. rough possession game.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It can't be easy being a backup goalie and only playing once every 5 games but that's what Brossoit gets paid to do and so far this season he hasn't been very good. That being said if that's our biggest problem this season we are going to be pretty good. Now lets get home, get Valardi in the lineup and start another winning streak.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Brossoit is the weak link on this team this year. It’s clear as day.
So far that's looking to be true, but Helle lets in the odd stinker as well. I think we have to give him a chance, as he played fantastic at times when he was with the Jets last time. Maybe he'll come around. Let in 1 bad one, and the other 2 were pretty tough to stop. Lets give him a chance here, before we crusify him.

It can't be easy being a backup goalie and only playing once every 5 games but that's what Brossoit gets paid to do and so far this season he hasn't been very good. That being said if that's our biggest problem this season we are going to be pretty good. Now lets get home, get Valardi in the lineup and start another winning streak.
Your right, and often you have to have a very short memory to be successful in sports. So don't dwell on this, and move forward, and put together another "longer" winning streak.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest