Post-Game Talk: Winning streak over Jets lose 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yeah not big about AJF here either, but wouldn't bring up Chibs/Lambert yet unless they are playing in the top 9. Jeff Mallot is a good option to call up for the 4th line role, not sure why he never gets a shot, he can't be worse than AJF/Toninato as an injury replacement 4th liner?
I'd love to see Malott get a chance. Guy's a beast.

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
Broissoit wasn't good, but I don't think you can hang the loss on him. Jets were outplayed for half the game. It's not like the Jets dominated but got screwed by leaky goaltending. The game could have gone either way.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I was going to say catch a Canucks Jets game but we don't play them until February. :laugh:
Nope, I wouldn't be allowed anyway. Especially while visiting The Doctor (who also paid for the ticket).

Meanwhile, in major BREAKING NEWS:

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Jeff Bridges’ “The Dude” Ensemble from ‘The Big Lebowski’ to Hit Auction Block

The sale is part of Julien’s Auctions and TCM Present: Hollywood Legends and will be rolled out with a portion of the proceeds to benefit Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign.

Now I know what to get You for Christmas!

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Broissoit wasn't good, but I don't think you can hang the loss on him. Jets were outplayed for half the game. It's not like the Jets dominated but got screwed by leaky goaltending. The game could have gone either way.

Hard to say. Jets came out flying in the first ten minutes in this one and a goal against the run of play can be pretty deflating sometimes

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Hard to say. Jets came out flying in the first ten minutes in this one and a goal against the run of play can be pretty deflating sometimes
I agree with this. The loss was a combination of Saros shutting the door on our grade A opportunities and then Brossoit letting in two softies and completely flipping momentum. This loss is 90% at minimum on him

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Jets played good enough to win. So did the preds. Difference in this once Is goaltending. Saros plays for us, bro for them, we win. I don't think the rebound was that bad, as a former tender, sometimes that just happens. The 2nd goal was bad tho.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Jets played good enough to win. So did the preds. Difference in this once Is goaltending. Saros plays for us, bro for them, we win. I don't think the rebound was that bad, as a former tender, sometimes that just happens. The 2nd goal was bad tho.
That second one was house leagueish

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Schmidt with a great game. Dillon with one to forget

Iaffalo is money in the bank.

Have Villardi play with Names & Perfetti. I really do think you might see some chemistry there stylistically.

Id drop Ehlers to play with Barron and Gus. Barron is really underrated and playing very well this year and I do like what Ive seen from Gus.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
The big issue for me is the body language. On that second goal he's not focused on the play. Something we've seen from him alot this year.

Reactions: GNP

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
LB's assignments should be the perceived weaker opponents whenever possible, Jets did that last night and I'm fine with that even though we lost. Now Helle can play against the Stars and Oilers and they can make a decision on who plays against the Hawks as we have the Canes and Avs after them.
Perceived is the key word and starting LB was the right move but there are few free spaces on the bingo card in the league. Not burying one in the first period during our shot barrage was a factor and the ever dreaded goal in the last minute of a period bit us in the ass. A weak sauce goal against in the second was the dagger in spite of the teams spirited play in the latter part of the third period.

The Bruins just lost again, I think they are 2-5 in their last 7, Vegas lost 3of their last 5, the Rangers got schooled tonight. The Oilers are starting to win.

Outside of the Sharks, the Hawks(who are pretty decent some nights) and CLB, tonight notwithstanding any team can win on any given night.

We just need to win as many of the games we should win(especially now to build up our point total) and then maybe break even against the "perceived stronger" teams and beat at least occasionally the teams we are going to have to beat come playoff time(assuming we are there. Namely Colorado, Dallas, Vegas, Los Angeles.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Schmidt with a great game. Dillon with one to forget

Iaffalo is money in the bank.

Have Villardi play with Names & Perfetti. I really do think you might see some chemistry there stylistically.

Id drop Ehlers to play with Barron and Gus. Barron is really underrated and playing very well this year and I do like what Ive seen from Gus.
I wouldn’t. There is no way bowness is playing the 4th line enough to justify moving a player of Ehlers ilk down. Nor she he when it takes minutes away from better players. Even the deepest teams play their 4th line significantly less.
Putting Ehlers on the 4th line will cause unhappiness on the team as I can’t see him taking the relegation well. So either keep him in the top 6 or trade him for that elusive top pairing #1 rd. Of those I prefer option #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad