Post-Game Talk: winner winner

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Everyone was ready to fire the coach after the first period. Blashill gets the last laugh.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
I stopped watching to study when it was 3-1...what happened?!?!

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
a little disappointing to come away with a win TBH, at least mantha and larkin got on the scoreboard

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Everyone was ready to fire the coach after the first period. Blashill gets the last laugh.

Yes, we got the win. Once he created the lines the Wings fans have been clamoring for the past few games. :laugh:

I hope he learned his lesson. That Miller/Larkin/Ott ******** is the dumbest **** I've ever seen from a coach.

Also, Glen needs to be shipped back down. He's been damn near invisible at ES since getting the bump.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Z is a beast. Mantha is a beast (yes, even with some rookie mistakes defensively). Larkin was great tonight. And Mrazek really redeemed himself after the 1st period.

Now can Blashill stop with Lashoff? Also I'm pretty much over Jurco and Miller. They should be gone when guys get healthy.

Sidenote; Laine is unbelievable. He's a better talent than Ovechkin imo. Just seems to be more complete.

I wouldn't say this was a great coaching win. Blash tried about 98 different line combinations. 3 of them scored. 2 of those combinations weren't really seen again after they did.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Yes, we got the win. Once he created the lines the Wings fans have been clamoring for the past few games. :laugh:

I hope he learned his lesson. That Miller/Larkin/Ott ******** is the dumbest **** I've ever seen from a coach.

Also, Glen needs to be shipped back down. He's been damn near invisible at ES since getting the bump.

This.

None of the makeshift lines did any work.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Great comeback win after a lazy 1st. I take it. Bad puck luck for Nielsen in the SO, poor effort by Gus & great shots by Vanek & Z.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
I know this might come off very whiny, because a win is a win. But can this team win in regulation?

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Zetterberg now on a 61 point pace for the season. The guy gets too much crap on here for the effort he puts in.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
We are suddenly good at shootouts. Vanek rocks.

Vanek and Nielsen. Vanek has a laser in close and Nielsen must study up because he always seems to know what move to make.

And Zetterberg? Wonder if he's consulting some new generation Alchemist who is injecting him with some miracle concoction. He's still slow but looks as strong as he was a few years ago. I was ready to give up on him after his performance in 80% of his games last year, but he's looking fresh and smart as ever. Mantha gobbling up a couple guys every other forecheck helps too.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I think I'm 3-0 or 4-0 this season predicting wings games ever since I started doing the daily pick em thread :laugh:

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Zetterberg now on a 61 point pace for the season. The guy gets too much crap on here for the effort he puts in.

:rolleyes: I hate it when people do this. The majority was hammering on Z in the off-season when he sucked for the entirety of last season. And that continued on through a fairly pedestrian 10-15 games. But in the past couple weeks, people have been giving him his due as he's come to life. I don't understand the point of calling people out for calling it as it comes...

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Sidenote; Laine is unbelievable. He's a better talent than Ovechkin imo. Just seems to be more complete.

Ovechkin looked a lot like that his first few seasons, actually. He's not remotely the same player anymore even though he can still score goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad