Confirmed with Link: Wings trade Steven Kampfer to Arizona

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I wonder what the intent is here? We were only at 45 contracts prior to this move so we didn't need to clear space.

Was Yzerman wanting to dump an AHL "Vet" status player to unclog the minor league?

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
I'm guessing since he's in the AHL and he's being traded for futures its allowed.

You can still make NHL trades after the TDL, the players just won't be eligible for playoff rosters, so that's why it's rarely, if ever, done.

Who did the Wings trade for after the TDL several years ago? I'm pretty sure that happened.

Reactions: kliq

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
You can still make NHL trades after the TDL, the players just won't be eligible for playoff rosters, so that's why it's rarely, if ever, done.
Which would be a non issue between Arizona and Detroit…ok, that makes sense.

Reactions: sepster

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Who did the Wings trade for after the TDL several years ago? I'm pretty sure that happened.

While trying to look at past Wings' trades to see if the above happened, I noticed that the 2009 4th RD pick Holland traded to LA in the 2008 Brad Stuart deal was used on Ben Chairot. Pretty amusing since Chairot is essentially a poor-man's Stuart (I still like him) and around to fill a similar role.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Oh weird I was so surprised to hear a trade thanks for clarifying. I am guessing Arizona was calling around for an AHL defenseman and Yzerman decided to keep channels open with an offer.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
For anybody curious:

It just means that eventually Arizona will have to send a pick and/or player in return. Not sure what the timeline is.
Many players have been traded for "future considerations" over the years, and then nothing ever goes back the other way. And I've seen previous articles explain that "future considerations" are exactly that.... considerations. They can, in fact, be nothing. So either that SN article is wrong, or the timeline is actually indefinite, which renders the rule meaningless anyway lol.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Many players have been traded for "future considerations" over the years, and then nothing ever goes back the other way. And I've seen previous articles explain that "future considerations" are exactly that.... considerations. They can, in fact, be nothing. So either that SN article is wrong, or the timeline is actually indefinite, which renders the rule meaningless anyway lol.
Yeah, I don't like that. Yzerman should call Arizona's GM once per month and remind him of the "future considerations". We can't wait forever.

• Haha
Reactions: jaster

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
What? Does this make room for Sebrango/Viro down the stretch so they can stop bouncing between Toledo and GR?

Maybe Ben Simon was using him too much and not letting the kids play?

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad