Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Kent Huskins for 1 year

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
General manager Ken Holland told the Free Press this morning that he is working on signing a veteran and hopes to be able to use the defenseman in tonight's home opener against the Dallas Stars.

Holland didn't want to name the player until the deal is finalized. The contract has to be cleared by the NHL, and the player has to get to Detroit.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/name-the-defenseman?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Who could it be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
<---------------

:facepalm:

Other options: Commodore, Lebda, Brett Clark, Mark Eaton, Jeff Finger, Peter Harrold, Kent Huskins, Doug Janik, Milan Jurcina, Pavel Kubina, Kurt Sauer, Jim Vandermeer...

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
lilja would have to be a trade.

a signing has to be a UFA. eaton or campoli maybe?

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
me-gusta.png

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
Even though kubina has lost a lot of speed he still seems like the most logical choice.. He's big, right handed, can block shots and plays a little physical.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Alright, not Lilja, so Kubina? Isn't he in Europe? Kind of hard to be in Detroit for tonight if the article is to be believed.

Huddy*

Aug 6, 2009
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Nick Lidstrom? 46 games , misses hockey, gets paid like a boss...just sayin :)

If the "player" is going to play tonight

1. KH needs to announce this signing ASAP
2. Player must already be in town3
3. Player must have been in talks with DRW before lockout ended, had interest from other teams, now is signing w Detroit.
4. Player better be ready to go TONIGHT

Why is this so hush hush? Its not like the Wings are picking out of a hat..or are they??!?! :sarcasm:

detgirl13

Feb 8, 2012
I wonder if it's a 3 way trade involving Luongo

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414190

"We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it's not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait. (But) we've been offered packages that don't fit what our plan is, what we need," Gillis told the Sun.

It could be completely unrelated, I just thought I'd play Sherlock Holmes lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad