Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ SENS, Saturday 1:00pm (afternoon game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
I look at Detroit’s roster and it’s pretty meh?
Disagree. Seider, Larkin and DeBrincat might be the only obvious stars, but they are a very well coached and balanced team throughout the lineup – each line and pairing has the ability to score, similar to Seattle last year. And they are defending very well.

Reactions: Sensators

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Disagree. Seider, Larkin and DeBrincat might be the only obvious stars, but they are a very well coached and balanced team throughout the lineup – each line and pairing has the ability to score, similar to Seattle last year. And they are defending very well.
Lucas Raymond seems to be pretty good too.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah their coaching may be great and I think that’s the key here.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Their FA signings were mocked, but they really shored up their depth with all those short term deals. Maybe not amazing top end, but they have a solid roster top to bottom. Won't be at all surprised if they make the playoffs.

Reactions: Sensators

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Detroit vs Ottawa is a huge game for both teams. Detroit added a lot of depth with FA signings. They'll want to show Ottawa they aren't softer than butter anymore after their last 2 embarrassing games vs. the Sens.

DeBrincat helps them for sure, although we aren't hurt by losing him, as Tarasenko is a fine replacement. Plus, he'd be on a $9 mil cap hit, which would kill the Sens, and would be soon to be lost as UFA. We should have never acquired him for Korchinski. The trade sure helped the Cat, as if on Ottawa, he'd be 2nd line and 2nd PP unit. I hope he doesn't get booed much, as he never asked to come here, but sports fans are sports fans.

Detroit fans will wake up to the fact that they blew it by drafting Mason Raymond over Jake Sanderson. Raymond is a decent 2nd liner, but nowhere close to Jake.
Agree. We should not boo Debrincat; we should boo for the GM who traded so much for him.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
Jump hard and often on their D. Wear them down.

This is what we did last March.

I feel the real message was sent last year. Just need to follow it up again. Do it over and over. And destroy their will to play Brady and the bunch.

And of course stay out of the box.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
giphy.gif

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I'm not buying Detroit, at all. That's a mediocre lineup if I've ever seen one. Wait until their PP drops from 46.2% and they're not getting almost a third of their total goals from it.

Agreed. Even if that team makes the playoffs, it's just not talented enough to ever be a real contender.

And yet they feasibly could finish ahead of us this season because they are built to win (a wild card spot) NOW. Like a poor man's NYR that has their choice of B-tier UFAs.

But truth is they just didn't acquire enough high end talent while they were at rock bottom, and the half dozen or so band-aid UFAs they signed long term will keep them out of the basement, and in limbo as a team.

Seider is literally the only high impact player they have on the roster today to show from their stretch of years as the worst team in hockey. An yet they will cry out that help is on the way soon. The kids are still coming....

But seeing is believing. And I don't believe they have any world beater prospects knocking on the door right now. Personally speaking. And Larkin and the Cat (lol) arent gonna be leading the way to a Cup lmfao.

Last edited:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
It's a different world...
Ya, Dallas is the same when it comes to freeways. They are all over the place and they spend a lot of money building them. That I-95 corridor in the densely populated north east U.S. looks like a poor cousin by comparison. Texas has been called god & guns territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad