GDT: Wings @ Sens | 7:00 EST | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Mantha scores three points in his first game, blash responds by making him ride pine all game

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He doesn't seem to play the pp either. No idea why Abdelkader is getting more PP time than Mantha.
Weird, the PP1 line is being used first on the power plays.

A few days ago people were complaining Mantha was in Abbys spot on that line due to (net front) next to his name.

I think he should have more minutes, I did see Blash give Sheahan an ES shift with Frk and Larkin too which, unless there was an equipment thing, is absolutely unacceptable.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Weird, the PP1 line is being used first on the power plays.

A few days ago people were complaining Mantha was in Abbys spot on that line due to (net front) next to his name.

People were complaining that Mantha was on PP1 over Abdelkader? What? People complained Sheahan was on the PP over Abdelkader. Mantha should lead the team in PPTOI, or close to it.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
People were complaining that Mantha was on PP1 over Abdelkader? What? People complained Sheahan was on the PP over Abdelkader. Mantha should lead the team in PPTOI, or close to it.
Yes, people were complaining that Mantha had the net front role on the PP in practice a few days before opening night.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Yes, people were complaining that Mantha had the net front role on the PP in practice a few days before opening night.

That doesn't sound like they wanted Abdelkader over Mantha, sounds like they didn't want Mantha as the net front guy and rather in the slot or on the point.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Mantha with the 3rd least IT out of our entire team so far.
The one shift he had near the end of the period he looked absolutely bollocks after 20 seconds. lol
All that time on the bench isn't helping his wind

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Net front doesn't mean you can't make plays. In Mantha's case it's more of an around the net role. Homer only retrieved pucks and got his ass back in there but net front doesn't have to be like that.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
That doesn't sound like they wanted Abdelkader over Mantha, sounds like they didn't want Mantha as the net front guy and rather in the slot or on the point.
He'd get those minutes though. Who cares about role?

Awful icing there ref.

Net front doesn't mean you can't make plays. In Mantha's case it's more of an around the net role. Homer only retrieved pucks and got his ass back in there but net front doesn't have to be like that.
Exactly, he can be used in that capacity as more than a guy that screens the goalie. I like him on the PP2 more(as in role and linemates), I just wish he'd get out there more. If PP1 can be in the O zone for a minute and twenty seconds and it limits his pp time I'll live with it, though.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
2 games in and I already feel like Nyquist is never gone score. So many great chances with nothing to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad