Prospect Info: Wings Prospect Discussion

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
His stats got skewed because he put up 5 pts in 2 B2B games against MB, then he had a 5 game pointless streak in Feb. He's still basically 0.5 PPG player in the AHL, he needs more ripening.

Game log:
That's a bit much - you want to discount his best 2 games because it was against a bad team, but handwave away the first few months where he clearly was adjusting?

I'll concede his counting stats would ideally be better, but he's a completely different player now than he was last october/november.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
That's a bit much - you want to discount his best 2 games because it was against a bad team, but handwave away the first few months where he clearly was adjusting?

I'll concede his counting stats would ideally be better, but he's a completely different player now than he was last october/november.

Every player is gonna get better as they adjust to a new league. People here are just hyping him up too much, he's getting at least another season in GR. He's the type of player that will get offensively stunted if he's not developed properly. We really don't need a third Copp.

Anyways, I posted the game log because Ogee was talking about stats. So I did what he said to do, looked up his stats.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Every player is gonna get better as they adjust to a new league. People here are just hyping him up too much, he's getting at least another season in GR. He's the type of player that will get offensively stunted if he's not developed properly. We really don't need a third Copp.

Anyways, I posted the game log because Ogee was talking about stats. So I did what he said to do, looked up his stats.
I hope Kasper in NHL next season, there's nothing there to learn from him, he is already as good as 23 years old Veleno. Perron and Sprong not going to be with Wings next season, they will be replaced by cheaper Kasper and Berggren or Danielson

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
There is no hurry with Kasper, but how he plays in the AHL playoffs -- given a reasonable number of games -- is going to tell us a lot more about his NHL readiness than deciphering regular season production and ignoring what he brings besides points. He's not far away and very likely shows up at some point next season, even if only because the Wings will probably have more injuries than they did this season and SY might not be so hell-bent against rookies, especially if they come up a few points short. Until Larkin went down their centers had missed only a handful of games. They wouldn't be any worse off now if they had called him up rather than Czarnik, whose only advantage is that he already knows he's not good enough and tries hard to limit his mistakes. At least when Kasper hits somebody, they know it.

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I hope Kasper in NHL next season, there's nothing there to learn from him, he is already as good as 23 years old Veleno. Perron and Sprong not going to be with Wings next season, they will be replaced by cheaper Kasper and Berggren or Danielson

Not even worth arguing because unless he has a spectacular AHL postseason and NHL preseason, Stevie will put him back in GR. We don't make the decisions, and we've seen what Stevie did with Burger and Ed. Is Kasper as good as Ed?

If you want to argue with someone, call Stevie, lol.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

8kp6u6.jpg

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Not even worth arguing because unless he has a spectacular AHL postseason and NHL preseason, Stevie will put him back in GR. We don't make the decisions, and we've seen what Stevie did with Burger and Ed. Is Kasper as good as Ed?

i am not argue , i just think that will happened next season and i could be wrong.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

I think we have enough discussion on Berggren to understand why he sent and keeps sending him back to the AHL.

Edvinsson was a weird situation because there was no way to be positive whether or not he would be healthy and clear of rust to start the season after entering the offseason with an injury. We signed vet filler depth that is inflexible, while Edvinsson's contract has a lot of flexibility. Not hard to see why he was sent down to start the year.

Kasper probably could stand to play more in the AHL, but it depends how they approach the offseason. Like do you bring Perron back to play on the wing, or do you leave that spot open. It is one thing to sign players to force a single, young A-tier prospect or typical B-tier prospect to be better than the warm body vets. In the Wings position, you have Berggren, Kasper, Danielson, and Mazur all in the system and close to making the jump. The competition and the "earning" it aspect is going to be competing with their teammates for the last spot. I don't need to see all of Fischer, Perron, Sprong, Czarnik, Kane brought back. Pick the couple that you think are legitimate assets to your team and bring them back and then let the prospects fight amongst themselves for the chance to be up.

Reactions: lilidk

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I don't need to see all of Fischer, Perron, Sprong, Czarnik, Kane brought back. Pick the couple that you think are legitimate assets to your team and bring them back and then let the prospects fight amongst themselves for the chance to be up.
Agreed. Based on roster makeup and value, I would attempt to keep Fischer and Kane, let Perron and Sprong walk, and have all the kids fight for those two spots.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Shai Buium and his brother Zeev (draft eligible) are playing right now. The 2nd overtime is about to start if anybody is interested in watching

Reactions: Realgud

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
His stats got skewed because he put up 5 pts in 2 B2B games against MB, then he had a 5 game pointless streak in Feb. He's still basically 0.5 PPG player in the AHL, he needs more ripening.

Game log:

Points in 9 of his first 30 games of the season. 3 goals, 11 points total. 11 games with a minus rating. No PPGs. Not seeing a breakdown of PP assists.

Points in 15 of his last 31. 9 goals, 20 points in that span. Only 6 games with a minus rating. 2 PPGs. Still no breakdown of PP assists.

Other than a 5 game pointless streak in February, I'd say that's a very good statistical improvement over the start of his year. What little I've caught of the Griffins this year Kasper has looked like the all-situations Kasper we watched in Rogle.

Reactions: Filppula

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I think we have enough discussion on Berggren to understand why he sent and keeps sending him back to the AHL.

Edvinsson was a weird situation because there was no way to be positive whether or not he would be healthy and clear of rust to start the season after entering the offseason with an injury. We signed vet filler depth that is inflexible, while Edvinsson's contract has a lot of flexibility. Not hard to see why he was sent down to start the year.

Kasper probably could stand to play more in the AHL, but it depends how they approach the offseason. Like do you bring Perron back to play on the wing, or do you leave that spot open. It is one thing to sign players to force a single, young A-tier prospect or typical B-tier prospect to be better than the warm body vets. In the Wings position, you have Berggren, Kasper, Danielson, and Mazur all in the system and close to making the jump. The competition and the "earning" it aspect is going to be competing with their teammates for the last spot. I don't need to see all of Fischer, Perron, Sprong, Czarnik, Kane brought back. Pick the couple that you think are legitimate assets to your team and bring them back and then let the prospects fight amongst themselves for the chance to be up.
Resign Kane and Fisher
Sign or trade for another top 6 forward, top 3 dman and starting goalie
Dump Fabbri, Holl and Husso
Kasper, ASP and Mauzer in GR
Edvinsson and Danielson in Detroit

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I could see one of Danielson/Kasper/Mazur make the team next year out of camp. It is a lot easier to shelter a forward than it is a dman. A young forward has an issue and you 4th line him or bench him and double shift a multitude of other forwards. Defense is a lot harder to work in a young guy because its hard to only play 5 dmen in a game and not wear those guys out.

With that said I still think Ed makes the roster if he had been healthy going into the off season. I really do think Stevie made signings thinking he would not be ready.

Berggren seems almost seems like a personal thing between him and Stevie/Lalonde. He didn't have a great camp and it may have rubbed those two the wrong way. He's come on very well in the AHL the last 3/4 of the season so you can't say he hasn't played into shape/drive. He's still a smallish winger though and he isn't getting a top 6 spot over DBC, Kane, or Ray.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Hard to say, this seasons training camp and preseason he absolutely was. Now this upcoming one? Who knows.
Nobody knows, but Kasper and Mazur are pro and physically developed, played for adult national teams. Danielson is undeveloped prospect with higher potential

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Trey Augustine has looked like a man of destiny ever since the gold medal win. Sparty is looking like the new hockey boss of the B1g; a majority of that team will be back next year.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Cleveland finishes the season with 16gp, 0 goals 0 assists, -3 and 19 pims. Also extends his pointless streak to 412 days for those counting
Cleveland and Michael Emerson are the only two NCAA draft picks from this year to not have a point. Emerson left UND after 6 games. Emerson is the only player to play less games than Cleveland. Why Cleveland didn't play another season of Juniors is a mystery, he just wasted a year of his career

Reactions: Gniwder

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Cleveland and Michael Emerson are the only two NCAA draft picks from this year to not have a point. Emerson left UND after 6 games. Emerson is the only player to play less games than Cleveland. Why Cleveland didn't play another season of Juniors is a mystery, he just wasted a year of his career
Most kids would choose going to college and playing college hockey over playing in the USHL in a random city with a billet family if given the choice.

Detroit probably should have pushed him harder to play in the USHL, although not sure it would change much in the long run.

Playing, practicing, and training at Wisconsin is not a complete waste either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad