Pre-Game Talk: Wings In Ottawa tonight 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
But let's say that Boucher puts Condon and he has a bad game and we lose then all fans will criticize Boucher also, so damn if you do and damn if you don't, Boucher cant win

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
But let's say that Boucher puts Condon and he has a bad game and we lose then all fans will criticize Boucher also, so damn if you do and damn if you don't, Boucher cant win

At least Condon would be rested going in this game.

Anderson is probably a bit tired after having a crazy overtime and having multiple rounds of a shootout.

It is a bad decision and i will stick by that unless Anderson has a good game.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Last night's 2nd half sure was encouraging, let's get the win tonight and get 3 out of 4 points from this home and home with Detroit.

h2owned

Nov 17, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Historically goalies do bad on back-to-back games. For that reason alone you'd think Condon was the obvious choice.
Big surprise with MacArthur coming back.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Historically goalies do bad on back-to-back games. For that reason alone you'd think Condon was the obvious choice.
Big surprise with MacArthur coming back.

Anderson had a .879% last night. Save percentage usually drops on a back to back.

So again, there is no logic in starting him.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Anderson had a .879% last night. Save percentage usually drops on a back to back.

So again, there is no logic in starting him.

There is a ton of logic in starting him. What happens if Condon wins tonight, then theyre is a big controversy on who starts vs the Bruins, who starts in the playoffs, etc etc. And then what if Condon goes in and ***** the bed like Hammond did vs Montreal? Then it's "should have started Andy in game 1".

Starting this game gives Anderson a chance at redemption. I see your argument and it makes complete sense, but in the overall context of the season, playing Andy and potentially righting the ship for him tonight is very important.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
FFS I do hope that Boucher has a hair trigger when it comes time to pull Andy. Not after 3 goals are behind him. :(

Hopefully Andy stands on his head...

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Pretty sure Anderson has a pretty good record this year in b2b games. Just from memory though, so probably not the most reliable.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
So Dorion is such a good GM, he managed to make a post-deadline trade for a top-6 forward. :sarcasm:

aoyrpgcr3gjy.png

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Pretty sure Anderson has a pretty good record this year in b2b games. Just from memory though, so probably not the most reliable.

The last back to back game he played we lost 4-1 against Montreal.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Questionable moves IMO...

1) Playing Mac...this is a critical must win game to make playoffs, not a "feel good" story for Disney script
2) Andy in...back to back starts, when we have good backup. Andy needs to be rested for Thurs Bruins.
3) Kelly in...slow & old, in back to back. We have younger faster legs, like White. We don't need Kelly's Gandolf-like PK wisdom.

phillyknuckles

Jun 17, 2006
Philadelphia
Questionable moves IMO...

1) Playing Mac...this is a critical must win game to make playoffs, not a "feel good" story for Disney script
2) Andy in...back to back starts, when we have good backup. Andy needs to be rested for Thurs Bruins.
3) Kelly in...slow & old, in back to back. We have younger faster legs, like White. We don't need Kelly's Gandolf-like PK wisdom.

This. All day. I was thinking the same things. It's nice to see Clark back on the ice, but I doubt he's game ready, and it's an important game. Also, Craig's looked shaky lately, like his head isn't in it. Questionable goals given up lately and they really seems to get to him more as of late. He has a hard time shaking it off. I just don't know. But hopefully having Mac back on the ice gives the other guys a boost tonight.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I'm happy MacArthur is feeling better, but I can't help be worried for his long-term health. Ugh.

Honestly, not looking forward to this now. Not to mention he hasn't played an actual NHL game in what, 500 days?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I unno if you guys know this but the last time we were close to clinching a playoff spot and needed Andy to play great hockey he always underperformed.

It took Lehner vs Philly and Hamburglar vs Philly to clinch us playoff positions the last 2 times we made it after bad couple string of games by Anderson the last 2 times we made playoffs.

He doesn't have the clutch factor when he's expected to win. That's why Id much, much rather play the Capitals for that reason than the Leafs. Anderson will give us MVP goaltending as the underdog.

I think Anderson plays today so that if he under-performs we go with Condon in vital game vs Boston.

But I woulda started Condon today and if he played well then id give the start to him again vs Boston.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I unno if you guys know this but the last time we were close to clinching a playoff spot and needed Andy to play great hockey he always underperformed.

It took Lehner vs Philly and Hamburglar vs Philly to clinch us playoff positions the last 2 times we made it after bad couple string of games by Anderson.

He doesn't have the clutch factor when he's expected to win. That's why Id much, much rather play the Capitals for that reason than the Leafs. Anderson will give us MVP goaltending as the underdog.

Wasn't it Lehner vs. Washington that got us the clinch in the lockout season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad