Pre-Game Talk: Wings In Ottawa tonight 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I have the fire and the anger. Yesterday's second half was encouraging, I haven't seen us take a game over like that in weeks. Let's carry that momentum into tonight and get a much-needed win.

I would have to think Condon gets the nod.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hoping for Condon to get the start (no disrespect Andy, just playing the numbers), Dzingel to come in for Kelly, and Ryan to be good to play.

2 points would be huge here. Need this win.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Huge win tonight. The team last night looked like their old selves after Turris scored.

This will be a great night in Ottawa. The CTC should be on fire. It'll be an emotional night. Well deserved by the players, they've given us a great season

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Kelly needs to sit.

a 4th line of Dzingle White Wingels seems like a good option. Lots of speed, reasonable defensively, a touch of offense. Only downside is White is pretty clearly still learning the intricacies of the system.

I suspect Kelly will keep his spot tonight, as much as I'd rather Dzingle back over him.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
a 4th line of Dzingle White Wingels seems like a good option. Lots of speed, reasonable defensively, a touch of offense. Only downside is White is pretty clearly still learning the intricacies of the system.

I suspect Kelly will keep his spot tonight, as much as I'd rather Dzingle back over him.

I also think Kelly won't sit. I was hoping Boucher would be the type of coach who wouldn't have such a love affair with role players and vets, unfortunately we are seeing that he is.

He loves Pyatt, Boro and Kelly. At least he isn't afraid to scratch Neil

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
I also think Kelly won't sit. I was hoping Boucher would be the type of coach who wouldn't have such a love affair with role players and vets, unfortunately we are seeing that he is.

Pyatt had also been a very good player for us . Boro has had a better year then most give him credit for as well and right now we definitely don't have a choice but to play him.

Kelly ya I can't defend that one.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Pyatt had also been a very good player for us . Boro has had a better year then most give him credit for as well and right now we definitely don't have a choice but to play him.

Kelly ya I can't defend that one.

Pyatt has been good but he gets used too often. I like his hustle but every time he is on the ice he does the exact same thing. Chases a dump in, takes the puck behind the net, skates right, skates left, skates right, skates left, tries to throw the puck up the middle. I don't think I've seen him play in the middle of the ice or away from behind the goali/trapezoid.

I will agree Boro has been better than last year but is that really saying anything?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I have no issues with his love of Pyatt. The guy might not be the best offensive player, but he isn't hurting us imo.

Boro has played quite well imo for a 6/7, but Claesson should be playing over him when there is a choice. I think Boucher is coming around on that one.

Kelly though; guy has been rough. He had his good moments (by which I mean not getting caved in every time he touched the ice), it's just unfortunate that the body can no longer keep up. I hope White gains the coaches trust in a hurry by learning the system.

This team could look so much better if it were fully healthy.

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
Smith-Brassard-Stone
Stalberg-Pageau-Pyatt
Dzingel-White-Burrows

What could have been...

16w

Jun 23, 2003
It'll be an emotional night. Well deserved by the players, they've given us a great season

i'm glad to see that there are some Sens fans that can remain positive and be appreciative of the team.

unfortunately, i'm not in that camp as of now.

to me, this next stretch of 4 games is where the Sens prove they're deserving of praise. the jury is still out on whether the season is a success or not. the margin is razor thin but if they pull it off and make the playoffs i'd be willing to call it such.

but you're right... it's definitely going to be emotional. i don't know why but my go-to nervous pose is the same as Dorion's... hands in front of the mouth, breathing heavily.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Tonight is going to be the momentum shifter. I think they come otu and hammer the Wings and fly through these last 3 games en route to the playoffs.

4-1 Sens

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Last night seemed like the classic 'end of a losing streak' game, where your play is much improved but you still end up losing. I have a good feeling about tonight.

Sit Kelly.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
i'm glad to see that there are some Sens fans that can remain positive and be appreciative of the team.

unfortunately, i'm not in that camp as of now.

to me, this next stretch of 4 games is where the Sens prove they're deserving of praise. the jury is still out on whether the season is a success or not. the margin is razor thin but if they pull it off and make the playoffs i'd be willing to call it such.

but you're right... it's definitely going to be emotional. i don't know why but my go-to nervous pose is the same as Dorion's... hands in front of the mouth, breathing heavily.

I couldn't eat during the game last night because I was afraid of choking in case anything crazy happened. I've just seen this team way to many times this year come from behind, hold the top teams, beat top teams, and their core players (andy, EK, Dion, Turris) play at a level we havent ever seen in Ottawa.

This team has a ton of heart and character and they showed it last night. Now if Andy could just have a normal Andy game we can put all our anxieties to rest. Andy's been not himself for 2 weeks, it's time he snaps out of it and get us a shutout.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was as angry as anyone during our swoon, but last night I saw some very encouraging signs. The way we fought back and dominated the second half of the game was great to see - we were winning puck battles, moving it well and making smart decisions. It looked the team we saw during our six game streak.

The only sour note was the goaltending - yes, Andy was great in OT and the shootout, but the game never should have gotten there. Three of his four goals against were either total stinkers or very soft, and that just isn't going to get it done in April. He just doesn't look completely focused and comfortable for some reason.

Come back with Condon, swap in Dzingel for Kelly, and run the Wings out of the rink. I've got a good feeling about tonight...

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
If Ryan can't go I'd roll out:

Dzingel-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Brassard-White
Stalberg-Pageau-Pyatt
Burrows-Kelly-Wingels

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
If Ryan can't go I'd roll out:

Dzingel-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Brassard-White
Stalberg-Pageau-Pyatt
Burrows-Kelly-Wingels

HST was fantastic last night.

I would go.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Stalberg-Brassard-White ( Stalberg and Brassard were very good last night, White showed he can push the play, and didn't look out of place )
Dzingle-Pageau-Pyatt
Burrows-Kelly Wingels.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I was as angry as anyone during our swoon, but last night I saw some very encouraging signs. The way we fought back and dominated the second half of the game was great to see - we were winning puck battles, moving it well and making smart decisions. It looked the team we saw during our six game streak.

The only sour note was the goaltending - yes, Andy was great in OT and the shootout, but the game never should have gotten there. Three of his four goals against were either total stinkers or very soft, and that just isn't going to get it done in April. He just doesn't look completely focused and comfortable for some reason.

Come back with Condon, swap in Dzingel for Kelly, and run the Wings out of the rink. I've got a good feeling about tonight...

^ This. Andy is making super saves but gifting the opposing team at least 1 Goal per game. Bill Buckneresque. Ball rolling thru the wickets to lose the game FFS. Condon should start. And yes, Dzingle should be in for Kelly. So glad EK is back!!!

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
HST was fantastic last night.

I would go.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Stalberg-Brassard-White ( Stalberg and Brassard were very good last night, White showed he can push the play, and didn't look out of place )
Dzingle-Pageau-Pyatt
Burrows-Kelly Wingels.

I'd be down with these.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Last night seemed like the classic 'end of a losing streak' game, where your play is much improved but you still end up losing. I have a good feeling about tonight.

Sit Kelly.

Sit a player, with a Stanley Cup Ring who knows how to play in these types of games, is on the PK unit ........... in favour of who, and who replaces him on the PK?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
If they are gonna sit Dzingel, at least give White the opportunity to make an impact. They might both play if Ryan is out though, so it may be a non-issue.

Sit a player, with a Stanley Cup Ring who knows how to play in these types of games, is on the PK unit ........... in favour of who, and who replaces him on the PK?

Oh ya, the guy who we have specifically for the PK (the worst in the league since February), and that can barely handle the play 5 on 5? I hardly see the point. Wings went 2 for 2 last night. It cant be much worse.

The loss of Smith hurts the PK a lot too.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007

1) A Cup Ring doesn't matter if you can't keep up anymore
2) Dzingel
3) Anybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad